Protest this Saturday- details inside

No....but the decision has now been made, and any actions from fans needs to be thought out carefully.

Targeting the sponsors will do little good - they are tied into contracts with the SPL/SFA, with I'd assume penalties for breaching those contracts.

A demonstration outside Hampden isn't gonna suddenly get the SFA to backtrack & remove the sanctions.

Boycotting league games will impact innocent clubs, NOT the SFA.

What do you expect to come out of ANY actions???

This would ultimately impact the SFA - if we boycott all away games those innocent clubs (some are nowhere near innocent by the way) would be financially crippled as well - and where would that leave the SFA ? They wouldbe left carrying a bag full of shite because they would have nothing but part-time and insolvent clubs to administer.

They DO realise that their actions have the potential to absolutely KILL the game in Scotland dont they ? If we take our funding of other clubs away from them then the whole game in Scotland may as well just turn off the lights.

This would ultimately impact the SFA - if we boycott all away games those innocent clubs (some are nowhere near innocent by the way) would be financially crippled as well - and where would that leave the SFA ? They wouldbe left carrying a bag full of shite because they would have nothing but part-time and insolvent clubs to administer.

They DO realise that their actions have the potential to absolutely KILL the game in Scotland dont they ? If we take our funding of other clubs away from them then the whole game in Scotland may as well just turn off the lights.

Rangers included.

Rangers included.

In what way ? Not disagreeing with you just curious what angle you are coming from.

Most teams carry a very small travelling support to Ibrox so the impact on revenue should be relatively small, aside from OF games. But then we could give them the smallest allocation possible and fill Ibrox with Bears.

And we could, if we could ever get some kind of unity amongst the fan groups, use that "travelling money" for the benefit of Rangers rather than other clubs - I dont know, beambacks or merchandising or just donating some cash to the club.

We are in a position where the SFA look more and more keen to kill our club. I am struggling to understand why we would continue to prop up the financial position of other clubs in the league at the same time as our game's administrators are attempting to kill us off.

No....but the decision has now been made, and any actions from fans needs to be thought out carefully.

Targeting the sponsors will do little good - they are tied into contracts with the SPL/SFA, with I'd assume penalties for breaching those contracts.

A demonstration outside Hampden isn't gonna suddenly get the SFA to backtrack & remove the sanctions.

Boycotting league games will impact innocent clubs, NOT the SFA.

What do you expect to come out of ANY actions???

Most sponsorship contracts are likely to have clauses which enable either party to exit should there be, for example, significant reputation damage caused as a result of the relationship.

Also, the biggest contract the SFA have is with Sky and their much vaunted new ~£80m deal has not yet been signed according to Leggo. So making your feelings known to said sponsors is very much something that can have a major impact.

There's some good ideas here but they're all worthless unless we had a properly co-ordinated campaign with the buy-in of the majority of season ticket holders, all fan groups and travel clubs. I've been hearing for years that the spl would be much more competitive without us and clubs don't need our money, so it's the perfect chance to try this theory out. I'm sure with a reduced wage bill and decent home crowds the numbers could be made to stack up and it would also give a chance to build strong foundations which could then be built on after a speedy return to the spl.

In what way ? Not disagreeing with you just curious what angle you are coming from.

Most teams carry a very small travelling support to Ibrox so the impact on revenue should be relatively small, aside from OF games. But then we could give them the smallest allocation possible and fill Ibrox with Bears.

And we could, if we could ever get some kind of unity amongst the fan groups, use that "travelling money" for the benefit of Rangers rather than other clubs - I dont know, beambacks or merchandising or just donating some cash to the club.

We are in a position where the SFA look more and more keen to kill our club. I am struggling to understand why we would continue to prop up the financial position of other clubs in the league at the same time as our game's administrators are attempting to kill us off.

Killing off other clubs using our financial muscle will only lead to an even poorer league for us to play in, resulting in less revenue and a dwindling product on the park. Whether folk feel hard done by with regard to the SFA sanctions, cutting off our nose to spite our face doesn't appear to be the most sensible way of tackling the problem. If the SFA had really wanted to kill us off, they could have imposed the ultimate sanctions available to them.

Killing off other clubs using our financial muscle will only lead to an even poorer league for us to play in, resulting in less revenue and a dwindling product on the park. Whether folk feel hard done by with regard to the SFA sanctions, cutting off our nose to spite our face doesn't appear to be the most sensible way of tackling the problem. If the SFA had really wanted to kill us off, they could have imposed the ultimate sanctions available to them.

You dont think for a minute that the SFA's actions were one of attempting to all but kill us off ?

They would have been lambasted had they taken the ultimate sanctions, which is IIRC to revoke our SFA licence. That wasnt a viable option for them IMHO.

However, by imposing a signing ban and draconian fines they can say they have dealt with us and, should we go under, they can wipe their hands clean and say it was the fault of Rangers and that the SFA had no hand in it.

Sorry, but I dont buy it. They are, IMHO, attempting to kill us off but in such a way that they can absolve themselves of any blame in the final chapter. Again, only MHO, but I think they would like us killed off but they dont want to be the ones delivering the final hammer blow.

As it currently stands we may not have a league to play in at all because we may not have a club - the people primarily responsible for that are SDM and Whyte, we all know that. But if we are being killed off in death by a thousand cuts then why should we, as a support that has historically been a financial crutch to MANY Scottish teams, continue to keep them afloat ?

Lets not be fooled here, Rangers is potentially going under. I am struggling to see why we should be showing ANY concern for the standard of play in a league that our team may no longer be participating in.

I do see your point and I do agree with some of it, but emotions are raw for me - and I dont see why we should be ensuring the survival of other clubs when some of them are triumphalising in our despair.

Believe the RFFF are meeting on Saturday to discuss a way forward that will have a greater impact with better organisation.

Best to of luck to all the protesters on Saturday though, every little helps!

Believe the RFFF are meeting on Saturday to discuss a way forward that will have a greater impact with better organisation.

Best to of luck to all the protesters on Saturday though, every little helps!

As said earlier, best we have maximum impact throughout so am glad RFFF is working towards that.

However, it seems we have a lot of frustrated bears wanting to protest so I think experienced groups like the RST should get involved with this Saturday's protest to ensure it is run well.

As said earlier, best we have maximum impact throughout so am glad RFFF is working towards that.

However, it seems we have a lot of frustrated bears wanting to protest so I think experienced groups like the RST should get involved with this Saturday's protest to ensure it is run well.

We will promote it as much as we can mate. The desire for it is certainly there. As it gets closer we all have to make it clear on what's acceptable to sing etc.

I fancy there will be a few from the board turning up too.