John Bennett Withdraws from The Blue Knights Consortium

Guest PortGlasgow
John Bennett phoned me on 16 March 2012. Phil Wagstaff first phoned me on 13 April 2012 when he said that it was important that Mr Bennett made his position clear one way or another. He followed up with the comments I reported today.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can assume the natural progression of the conversation was, you questioning(pressurising) Mr Wagstaff on whether you should leave your funds under JB's management (Henderson) i.e. "making it clear one way or another" whether he remained as fund manager longterm.

This more than likely resulted in Mr Wagstaff, quite reasonably, contacting JB for a solid commitment to the future, JB was in a position where he can't guarantee the success of TBK's bid and wasn't prepared to gamble his future. Do you agree this was the likely series of events following your conversation with Mr Wagstaff?

We have no idea what decision JB would have made if TBK's were confirmed as successful bidders.

Guest Nacho's his name

What you need to do is explain this:

"It is simply the case that as an employed person I could not see how Mr Bennett could make enough time for Rangers as well as his full time occupation. Mr Bennett is employed as a fund manager with Henderson Global Investors, so I wrote to the CEO of that company as follows "

That looks like something posted maliciously for some sort of personal gain. It really hurts me to know individual Rangers supporters have that sort of influence and vindictiveness

Stay away from the club mate, you're hurting it

As I stated in the original thread it is a fact that I had John Bennett's agreement to post his comments.

It is also a fact that he asked me not to say that he was actually withdrawing at that point because he wanted to speak to PM first. I agreed that that was reasonable, so I withheld that information. I fully expected him to make his position clear once he had spoken to PM but he did not.

Edited by Nacho's his name

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can assume the natural progression of the conversation was, you questioning(pressurising) Mr Wagstaff on whether you should leave your funds under JB's management (Henderson) i.e. "making it clear one way or another" whether he remained as fund manager longterm.

This more than likely resulted in Mr Wagstaff, quite reasonably, contacting JB for a solid commitment to the future, JB was in a position where he can't guarantee the success of TBK's bid and wasn't prepared to gamble his future. Do you agree this was the likely series of events following your conversation with Mr Wagstaff?

We have no idea what decision JB would have made if TBK's were confirmed as successful bidders.

Now your really starting to enter the realms of the ridiculous....

Guest PortGlasgow
As I stated in the original thread it is a fact that I had John Bennett's agreement to post his comments.

It is also a fact that he asked me not to say that he was actually withdrawing at that point because he wanted to speak to PM first. I agreed that that was reasonable, so I withheld that information. I fully expected him to make his position clear once he had spoken to PM but he did not.

I believe your being honest and I retract and apologise for my comment on you being trust worthy, I understand your an IFA, so know you understand the importance of reputation.

I also believe you've convinced yourself your actions were justified, I however don't agree, I believe you've forced a decision from JB that he shouldn't have had to make at this time.

Does Harris think that his 'clients' are happy with the positions he has held in recent years. Are they not a 'distraction'??

Mr Harris is no ordinary mortal, sir. His abilities rise well beyond those of a mere fund manager.

No, no no ........

In terms of Funds Under Management, currently I have approximately £xxx,xxx invested in your products, either directly or through the xyz platform; of which just over £xx,xxx is invested in Mr Bennett’s European Selected Opportunities Fund and £xx,xxx in your European Growth Fund managed by Mr Pease. The juxtaposition of these two Funds is something that has been exercising my mind since your acquisition of Gartmore last April and the fund integration in July 2011.

I am sure that his was purely for informational purposes to establish a common basis of communication and not any crude attempt to exert pressure.

at fund management level I have big contacts in JPMAM, Close, Aberdeen as well as industry contacts at HL, Fidelity and many others. You sir have put personal issues ahead of the Rangers. That is what is unacceptable.

You mean professional I assume, seeing as BH contaxted Henderson's as IFA for his clients ?

So he should have put Rangers ahead of professional and personal issues ? I would suspect not too many of us actually practice that virtue.

Does Harris think that his 'clients' are happy with the positions he has held in recent years. Are they not a 'distraction'??

Maybe they did and maybe they still do. And perhaps they contacted him to clarify his position and then made an informed decision as to what to do with their funds :thup:

I think this whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion & I think that everyone should be using their time & energy on something more productive rather than harassing someone for posting information on a forum.

No, no no ........

In terms of Funds Under Management, currently I have approximately £xxx,xxx invested in your products, either directly or through the xyz platform; of which just over £xx,xxx is invested in Mr Bennettâ??s European Selected Opportunities Fund and £xx,xxx in your European Growth Fund managed by Mr Pease. The juxtaposition of these two Funds is something that has been exercising my mind since your acquisition of Gartmore last April and the fund integration in July 2011.

I am sure that his was purely for informational purposes to establish a common basis of communication and not any crude attempt to exert pressure.

Comes across to me as.......

0a81b1cb-cdd2-4365-80da-be510eaecd37.jpg