Blue Knights submit revised offer (Mon 10am)

Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post

...cutting off our nose to spike our face...

Am I the only one who smirked ? :-)

Yes it is to spite your face. Spiking your face is another thing completely.:D

Tbh, with the financial penalties & the fact we are in the shit, dropping into the 3rd division is our best option. If we stay in the SPL we won't win.anything for at least 3 years (with penalties + embargo's etc). If we spend a few years in the lower divisions then by the time we get back into the SPL, Celtic will be running on a smaller budget which would give us a better chance. If.we stay in the SPL with the sanctions, the.SPL keep their.deals, Celtic get the tv money & we get fuck all. Resulting in them getting stronger & us getting weaker every year.

Tbh, with the financial penalties & the fact we are in the shit, dropping into the 3rd division is our best option. If we stay in the SPL we won't win.anything for at least 3 years (with penalties + embargo's etc). If we spend a few years in the lower divisions then by the time we get back into the SPL, Celtic will be running on a smaller budget which would give us a better chance. If.we stay in the SPL with the sanctions, the.SPL keep their.deals, Celtic get the tv money & we get fuck all. Resulting in them getting stronger & us getting weaker every year.

Can see what your saying Ergatrude, but I still don't think this idea that dropping down to the 3rd division is going to be as straight forward as some people are making out. I just can't see how a club of our size can survive going through the lower divisions without running out of money again. Maybe the fans would show up the first year to show support but if we didn't go straight up that year, interest would wane massively and the shit would hit the fan again.

I still think its better to stay in the SPL if we can and fight them from within. Though in saying that, I do think that liquidation or 'newco' is probably going to be the end result here.

Can see what your saying Ergatrude, but I still don't think this idea that dropping down to the 3rd division is going to be as straight forward as some people are making out. I just can't see how a club of our size can survive going through the lower divisions without running out of money again. Maybe the fans would show up the first year to show support but if we didn't go straight up that year, interest would wane massively and the shit would hit the fan again.

I still think its better to stay in the SPL if we can and fight them from within. Though in saying that, I do think that liquidation or 'newco' is probably going to be the end result here.

I have to be frank guys. Neither option is appealing and months of this shit have made me lose my faith in my club, my team and football in general. Is anyone close to breaking point on this?

I'm confused ( no surprise there ) can someone explain in simple, clear terms just exactly what the difference is between a "newco" and what celtic did when they changed their corporate name from cfac ltd to celtic plc.

I'm confused ( no surprise there ) can someone explain in simple, clear terms just exactly what the difference is between a "newco" and what celtic did when they changed their corporate name from cfac ltd to celtic plc.

Are Leeds not the better example in terms of a direct comparison with what we are going through? They have retained their history and their name.

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

I think the biggest difference is the liquidation event. This means you are saying the new company has nothing to do with the old company and so any debts are not valid. By saying that, if you have nothing to do with the old company then you also lose all the privileges that that company had - like memberships of associations etc. It's a double edged sword.

All they did at that stage was change the company name. Nothing else changed. The company remained the same.

They did subsequently get a newco to apparently play their games, pay their players and sell the tickets, while the plc owned the players and the ground. This is moving towards the scheme that is proposed by Miller, but the problem is that the information on what Celtic actually did is very unclear and there is very little publicly available information and they sure as hell aren't going to reveal it at the moment.

A decent journalist may want to ask questions about it, but nobody has taken up the challenge yet and I'm not holding my breath.