Green - Are You Convinced?

I don't see a lot of hate - just some valid questions and concerns.

To use your shopping analogy of the other thread, I couldn't care if Asda or Tesco closed tomorrow or who is bidding for them. I do care about Rangers and given the farce of the last two owners it's dependent on us to ask the questions to stop it happening again.

I think thats a bit of a cop out mate over the shops, they were just an example of how business works. You should know this alot better than me.

People that expect to know all the plans and details are either very very niave or have an agenda imo.

Yes we want to know stuff after the last 2 owners but were kidding ourselves on if we think somebody that buys Rangers is just going to tell us everything.

Guest Corkie

Think the jury is still out on Green. But let's face it - he's bound to be an improvement on Whyte even if he's in it to make money. Howard Kendall a successful manager in England and in Europe spoke well of him.

If I remember correctly he said he had a consortium of 20 people, some had commited already and others would be named as the CVA progressed. I took from this that if the CVA is successful they will come on board. Is it possible that some of these are the Rangers men?

I am maybe being naiive and giving CG too much of the benefit of the doubt but that was my understanding last Sunday. I can understand that people would prefer more specific statements rather than statements that are open to interpretation and so would I. However, I really don't think we have a choice, nor do I think it is in our interests to carry these things out in the public domain. He is communicating and we have a right to be vigilant.

I think it is only fair to give the guy a chance, and his consortium. I am not convinced but I'm not 100% skeptical either.

At least we know about this guy's past and former colleagues have spoken about him, both positive and negative.

Whyte literally had no background, nor anyone behind him - it's not even vaguely valid a comparison.

I see the normal suspects are at there normal hate anything or anybody other than TBK.

We are getting to a stage where i would not blame Green or anybody else if they just said fuck it and walked away.

So if it's revealed that Green has approached the BKs' and asked them to invest in his consortium will your constant venom then be directed at him and the other members of his consortium?

Guest Guardian

We simply do not have enough info to make a judgement on Green.

With a bit more time we'll soon see if he can come up with the goods.

Since there are no viable alternatives, we have little choice anyway, but to wait and see.

I'm not buying into the propaganda from some (not on here) who are trying to fill the information vacuum with doubts by saying "Thats what whyte did".

He might well turn out to be a worse crook, or he may turn out to be our saviour. I see a few are already jumping on his every word, but we've been lied to by all the bidders, sometimes outrageously like in the case of the blue knights.

Unlike Whyte, Green only has a very short space of time to prove himself. we'll see what happens.

So if it's revealed that Green has approached the BKs' and asked them to invest in his consortium will your constant venom then be directed at him and the other members of his consortium?

What's he going ask them for a packet of crisps & a bottle of IrnBru. :D

If this goes tits up, I'm sure the press will be critical of the Gers fans for buying into him. Just like they did with a certain Craig Whyte. Remember we were the idiots that were delirious that this "billionaire" was on board... Can anyone remind me who it was that labelled this clown a "billionaire" in the first place?

I also have seen the press being critical of the Gers fans as according to them, we (almost to a man) carried Whyte shoulder height down Edmiston Road prior to the Hearts game when he completed his "takeover". I do recall some lukewarm cheers but I remember feeling this was based on relief more than actual delight. They do like to paint a good picture when their own lofty claims backfire on them don't they?....