Green - Are You Convinced?

If this goes tits up' date=' I'm sure the press will be critical of the Gers fans for buying into him. Just like they did with a certain Craig Whyte. Remember we were the idiots that were delirious that this "billionaire" was on board... Can anyone remind me who it was that labelled this clown a "billionaire" in the first place?

I also have seen the press being critical of the Gers fans as according to them, we (almost to a man) carried Whyte shoulder height down Edmiston Road prior to the Hearts game when he completed his "takeover". I do recall some lukewarm cheers but I remember feeling this was based on relief more than actual delight. They do like to paint a good picture when their own lofty claims backfire on them don't they?....[/quote']

A certain fat journalist called Trayknob guilty of all of the above.

I think Green is stuck between a rock and a hard place ... Yes our fan reps giving what has happened with previous owners have to ask questions and we all expect answers . I think Green on the other hand will want the backing of fan groups and knows he will get that by answering questions positively, but giving the sensitivity of the take over bid and that investors and potential investors may have asked for confidentiality then there will be questions that Green simply can not answers at this stage. Breaking any confidentiality agreement could result in potential investors walking away.

Did Green confirm 20 investors at the original PC or was he simply outlining his future plans that are dependant on a CVA being agreed ? I think he said if we go down a newco route then some of the investors could walk . He confirmed 6 investors at last nights meeting i believe the rest could be sitting in the wing waiting for the club to emerge from administration before committing to a deal , and if bound by a confidentiality agreement then can we really expect Green to unmask tham at this stage ?

After a CVA is agreed or newco then IMO Green will be more open to questions and in a better position to answer. Lets just secure the immediate future of our club and move on from there .

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

We may not like the fact that he isnt publicly declaring investors... but given the Miller situation and scenario, if you were in Green's position would YOU honestly state who was in your consortium ?

Green's explanation was that he didn't want to get our hopes up - he used a metaphor regarding a big teddy in Harrods IIRR.

So, he's pretty much confirmed that a good chunk of the potential investment is conditional, to the extent that if the conditions aren't met and if we'd seen "what we would have won" we'd be p!ssed off.

The cynic in me thinks that's an easy claim to make if you're pretty sure we won't meet the conditions (i.e. a CVA and win TBC).

I don't see why he can't name the definite, unconditional investment though. Unless it would be a disappointingly low figure or from dodgy sources.

Remind me again how much of his own money Paul Murray was putting in again.

Ignore him mate, he has made a fool of himself backing the Barren Knights.

The fact that CG has said alot of times he is the head of the group and sorting the money from other people tells us that he is not there to fund it himself. But The Barren Knights dont like to let facts get in the way of a good story.

We may not like the fact that he isnt publicly declaring investors... but given the Miller situation and scenario, if you were in Green's position would YOU honestly state who was in your consortium ?[/QUOTE]

It's not just that craig, and you will know this better than me, it's not uncommen for people to invest in companies and keep this info to themselves. It's there money, if they want to be named they can be and if they dont then they wont be.

Got this from RM.. Investors revealed

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2776607

CHARLES GREEN has revealed two of the names involved in the Sevco consortium taking over Rangers - and he has insisted that interest is growing daily.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV, Mr Green has identified Indonesian businessman Jude Allen and Middle Eastern lawyer Mazen Houssami as two of the key protagonists along with a Singapore Family Trust who are part of founding group of investors.

However, since the takeover news broke last weekend Mr Green has been inundated with requests to join the consortium

He told Blues News: "I can now provide two names, as I have clearance to do so on their part, of investors who are on the list.

"One guy is Jude Allen who is an Indonesian investor and the second is a lawyer from the Middle East Mazen Houssami.

"These two are very prominent in their areas. It's a great opportunity for us to build on their experience, their connections in those regions because we want to take the Rangers brand into these areas.

"There are other names but for today they are two very prominent businessmen who are backing the football club

"And in addition to these two previous names there is also a Singapore family trust.

"The reluctance to reveal investors initially was because a lot of these investors are offshore trusts and individuals who didn't want their name in the press and media because they, like everyone else in the world, have been watching the Rangers story unfold through the media since February and indeed before that and these people are not publicity seekers.

"They want to invest in the football club for the right reasons and the other problem is that we have got an extensive list of interested parties and that list is growing daily.

"Since the announcement was made we have had a number of people who were not in my original contact list and some of those are local people that we are speaking to.

"We have visitors today at the club we had visitors yesterday - all of whom are interested in becoming investors. That's great news for me because first of all it shows there is a belief that this club can be rescued.

"We read articles that the forecasts for the club were misleading. To be honest we have looked at these figures and we have made our own assumptions and we have made our own assessments and we believe we understand this club.

"Perhaps egotistically we believe we have the ability to resolve these challenges. We have viewed historical numbers as a guideline and we have to set our own budgets.

"Unfortunately for us we don't know if the CVA will go through. We don't know if we can get the transfer embargo overturned and these two things to have a material impact on budget.

"So we've approached this with complete flexibility and we have approached it on the basis that this not a one-year or two-year deal, this is a five-ten year plan.

"So I have to balance which of the investors are going to be best for this football club.

"I can assure fans that it is very easy to raise money, even in this financial market we are in, for an institution like Rangers. Raising the real best type of money that's going to help us expand the club, develop the club in the Asian markets."

That would be a packet of crisps and a bottle of IrnBru more than Charles Green is investing though.....:rolleyes:

But Green never claimed to be an investor. I keep saying this, he has never professed any of his own money - he's only organising the consortium. It's the media who are misreporting him as wealthy and being the new owner.

Guest Corkie
But Green never claimed to be an investor. I keep saying this, he has never professed any of his own money - he's only organising the consortium. It's the media who are misreporting him as wealthy and being the new owner.

Wouldn't investors be much more likely to come on board if they saw Green himself being an investor? Surely they'd be thinking along the lines of "If RFC is such a great investment then why aren't you putting up some of your own hard earned Mr Green?"