Congratulations to the Queen

It's not all about money, these things don't happen very often yet people still moan when they do. I think this has cheered up millions of people in the UK (and the world) even the skint ones who like the Royals. The ones who moan they don't want to watch it why don't they just turn over to another channel there is plenty on SKY of even freeview these days :) or just switch it off! Wouldn't it just be better to ignore it rather than moan about it unless of course you like a good moan!!

I hardly seen any live stuff about the Jubilee but watched some on SKY+ and found some of it very good and have to admit I love watching all the union flags flying it's a great site to see.

The Queen IMO works hard and has done during her reign, she certainly does more than people think but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'd rather celebrate something British than the likes of St Patricks day or special visits from foreigners!

To all those moaning about the cost - I trust you refused the bank holiday/pay for Tuesday?

Where do you work? Bank holiday payments ceased about 5 years ago in retail. If I had the chance to refuse a day off or double time I'd be chuffed.

Where do you work? Bank holiday payments ceased about 5 years ago in retail. If I had the chance to refuse a day off or double time I'd be chuffed.

Southeastern trains. It was an extra public holiday, so leave with pay, or double time if worked.

To all those moaning about the cost - I trust you refused the bank holiday/pay for Tuesday?

My working week was dayshift Saturday-Tuesday. I took Tuesday off to look after my 5 month old son.

Out of interest, can you refuse to not work? If your boss decides to shut the company then what can you do?