Charles Green statement

My opinion is that David Murray is an awful man who borrowed, cheated and lied from the very first day he bought Rangers. He was so reckless and egotistical he gambled with our future and got us into a mess which he didn't have the guts to try and sort, so as his last insult sold to someone he knew as a conman.

There's an argument to say that all that is a good reason for leaving it as MP as a reminder to us of these dark times and to make sure that we never allow it to happen again.

Ok mate no probs from me as i have said i dont want to have anything to do with him.

Can i ask why you or any other mods dont say the same thing about the person or person who post there anti Green made up stuff over and over again in just about every thread?

Step away from the bone!

There's an argument to say that all that is a good reason for leaving it as MP as a reminder to us of these dark times and to make sure that we never allow it to happen again.

Maybe we should rename the portacabin ticket office after Murray instead?

the name choices are also poor.

this is a vote going out with season books its not being set up on the spot.

we have had dozens of better players than cooper and why just Moses from the gallant pioneers.

I can think of no better player to name the training ground after than Cooper. The guy is a legend and Rangers through and through.

We've had dozen's better? Well Ruud Gullit doesn't think so:

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/perfectxi/136/article.aspx

Perfect XI

Football legends tell FourFourTwo about their dream team

Ruud Gullit

Goalkeeper

Peter Schmeichel

He had a great presence in goal, which was his advantage. He was a very difficult keeper to beat whenever I played against him. Not only was he good for Manchester United, but he showed in 1992, when Denmark won the European Championships, that he was the best at international level too.

Right-back

Manfred Kaltz

He played for Hamburg in the â??80s and was famous for his Bananenflanken [banana crosses]. His crosses had so much spin on them, they were so difficult to defend, the strikers were scoring for fun. He was also one of the first attacking right-backs. He almost invented the idea of the wing-back, long before Cafu and Roberto Carlos came on the scene. He was very good at set-pieces too.

Centre-back

Franco Baresi

A leader at the back, very strong and quick, with an excellent understanding of the game. As a defender, he could do everything. A lot of the time, he would know what the attacker was going to do before they knew themselves! How do you get past someone like that?

Centre-back

Marcel Desailly

A very strong defender and excellent in the air, which is something you need. He also had the kind of pace and power that would frighten attackers into making a mistake. Not necessarily a leader, but a very experienced defender. He would complement Baresi well.

Left-back

Paolo Maldini

Position for position one of the greatest players ever, and heâ??s still playing which shows what a great athlete he is. But unlike certain other great full-backs, he wasnâ??t world class when just defending or just attacking â?? he could do both better than most and is an excellent centre-back too.

Right-midfield

Kaka

Has excellent pace and talent, and is one of the few players Iâ??ve seen who is quicker with the ball than without it. He also has vision, which can make the players he plays with look good, and his opponents look bad. Heâ??s definitely one of the best in the world at the moment.

Centre-midfield

Frank Rijkaard

A good defensive midfield player with vision and strength. I played with him at club and international level for many years and he was one of the best. He controlled the midfield with his presence, strength and technique. He would help start attacks, but make sure the other team couldnâ??t get at the defence. Provided a great balance to any team he played in.

Centre-midfield

Diego Maradona

Do I really need to give reasons? The best player there has ever been, better than Pele. I watched him closely in Italy every week and he was at a different level to everyone else. Some of the things he did were unbelievable. He could control the ball without looking, which meant if the pass was on, he would take it.

Left-midfield

Davie Cooper

I played against him in the European Cup when he was with Glasgow Rangers and he was a really skilful player. Unbelievably skilful. He didnâ??t have much pace but he was a good dribbler who set up plenty of chances for team-mates as well as scoring some great goals himself.

Forward

Johan Cruyff

He had it all â?? vision, attitude, presence. He was also very flexible, so when opponents tried to kick him he would always anticipate what was about to happen and move just in time. Defenders couldnâ??t touch him. He would be the provider for the main striker but was a prolific goalscorer himself too.

Forward

Marco van Basten

Strong in the air and could create goals for himself. Even though he was tall, he was flexible and could turn and do pretty much everything. Headers, bicycle kicks, volleys, everything. He was also a vicious player. If defenders tried to kick him, he would kick them back. He knew how to look after himself on the pitch.

Manager

Sir Alex Ferguson

Itâ??s got to be Ferguson for his experience and also his achievements, in life and as a coach.

Totally subjective Cal. Many would have strong cases to argue that Cooper isn't the greatest player we've ever had - they might argue for Gascoigne, Laudrup, Greig, and others. But others would say he is the best we've had.

As for Ruud - well, I'm surprised he included Kaka in that list. He had a chance to become a great but hasn't been anything special since about March 2007 when he almost single-handedly trashed a Ronaldo-endowed Man Utd. Since then it literally has been downhill.