Charles Green statement

OK, maybe we can name a toilet after Murray.

If they want to name the one behind me, I will take great delight pishing in it every other Saturday. Especially if put pictures of his face on the urinals better than those adverts.

I have 2 main issues with it, both relating to timing:

1. There is a huge list of issues that Green should be commenting on and clarifying. The renaming of Murray Park comes near the very bottom of the list. It seems to be being done to distract us from asking more pertinent questions about the funding of the club going forward. Is that really the thing that Green (or TBKs) should be commenting on or discussing at this point?

2. Emotions are still raw. A more reasoned discussion could take place a couple of years down the line. Green does not know the pros and cons of the argument and appears to be doing it just to get some of the support on-side. If it is to be renamed than I'd like a lot more thought put into it than a couple of names rattled off by a small group of fans in a one-off meeting.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea as such and think it is worthy of discussion, but just not right now.

1) You dont belive for a second this could distract you or people from wanting to know what is going on at Rangers mate. Your just using this as a very poor attemt to have a go at the guy, same as the other normal suspects. Sorry but that was just a poor poor go at making something up.

2) Yes more thought should be put into re-nameing MP but why wait a few years, or are you saying Murray was not that bad after all?

It's clear that this group cant do anything right, at least have the balls to be open about it.

Totally subjective Cal. Many would have strong cases to argue that Cooper isn't the greatest player we've ever had - they might argue for Gascoigne, Laudrup, Greig, and others. But others would say he is the best we've had.

As for Ruud - well, I'm surprised he included Kaka in that list. He had a chance to become a great but hasn't been anything special since about March 2007 when he almost single-handedly trashed a Ronaldo-endowed Man Utd. Since then it literally has been downhill.

Aye but that interview with Gullit was conducted in December 2007, and at that point Gullit wouldnt have had the hindsight Re Kaka that we all have now :thup:

1) You dont belive for a second this could distract you or people from wanting to know what is going on at Rangers mate. Your just using this as a very poor attemt to have a go at the guy, same as the other normal suspects. Sorry but that was just a poor poor go at making something up.

2) Yes more thought should be put into re-nameing MP but why wait a few years, or are you saying Murray was not that bad after all?

It's clear that this group cant do anything right, at least have the balls to be open about it.

In what way have I been generally been critical of Green? Are you really trying to pigeon-hole anyone who is critical of Green on any one point?

It's a bit sad that you have to resort to implications of people not being truthful just because of your inability to argue the points in question.

not everyone who has questions for green supports tbk. some are rightly critical of tbk as well.

people need to try to be objective. having to pay green back his investment out of club funds is not a good thing for example. he also lied about being debt free.

pretending otherwise is daft.

not everyone who has questions for green supports tbk. some are rightly critical of tbk as well.

I think there's actually quite a number of people here who've been both sceptical and critical of Green, TBK & Bill Miller. Unfortunately we didn't get to know very much about the other bidders (ng & the anonymous ones), nothing at all in some cases so we couldn't really comment on them.

the name choices are also poor.

this is a vote going out with season books its not being set up on the spot.

we have had dozens of better players than cooper and why just Moses from the gallant pioneers.

Have to disagree with that. It could be argued that we've had a few better players than Cooper - especially those from foreign shores who've hung around for at most a handful of seasons - but dozens?

He's up there with the best of them and I would actually include Coisty in that bracket, but then naming our training facility after our current manager does seem a bit crass.