looks like liquidation.

Frankie, Do you think we the fans could raise this? Bearing in mind the pledges we made. Could the RangersUnite group be the vehicle for us?

Unfortunately, I don't think so mate. I don't think there is the appetite amongst our fans for such a scheme though I'd certainly be interested.

If you want one reason for our demise, it was the threat of a £75m tax bill. The rest followed on from there. The reports then suggest that Lloyds wanted to reduce its exposure and forced the sale. They weren't confident of getting their money back if HMRC won the big tax case - which would have put us pretty much the same position we are now but with HMRC as an even bigger creditor and Lloyds second.

Whyte was just like a pre-emtive strike which hasn't worked out for the best - except for Lloyds.

If Whyte hadn't arrived on the scene I severely doubt if LBG would placed us in administration let alone left us facing liquidation.

We are facing liquidation irrespective of the big tax case.

That's what I am saying I believe it was happening anyway, Craig Whyte just speeded up the process by being a crook. If he hadn't come a long I believe this would have been the end result regardless.

HMRC were getting us one way or another

That's what I am saying I believe it was happening anyway, Craig Whyte just speeded up the process by being a crook. If he hadn't come a long I believe this would have been the end result regardless.

HMRC were getting us one way or another

There's a world of difference between being £18m in debt (and decreasing) + an unquantified prospective tax bill and being £55m in debt and facing an unquantified tax bill.

If Whyte hadn't arrived on the scene I severely doubt if LBG would placed us in administration let alone left us facing liquidation.

they would have made sdm guarantee their loans and have left us alone.

no private business would be stupid enough to put any big club under. let alone o.e of the top 5 supported in the UK.

You really need to flesh out your answers because I seem to keep having to point out what I think is the obvious.

Who says they would? The big tax case was coming along and they wanted their cash and so forced the sale. If there were no buyers they would have had to await the outcome of the tax case.

If we lost the tax case we'd have had a possible £75m tax bill which we couldn't pay - don't you think HMRC would put us in administration - and if they think the club deliberately avoided tax would they have accepted a CVA where they receive 5p in the pound at most?

I can't see how we could have avoided liquidation in that scenario - and LBG would have received almost nothing. You can see why they forced the sale.

The problem with what you are portraying is that it doesn't really make any sense of the last year.

It doesn't explain why Lloyds forced the sale, why Whyte got involved, why he didn't pay tax etc, etc, etc. You seem to argue that it's just a random thing that happened done by a bad man...

it wasn't random, the EBT left us vulnerable, Whyte saw his chance and Lloyds TSB saw their chance to get rid of what was a fairly soft loan (from their point of view) and to get some money in from part of the struggling Murray Group.

How does the taxman see a better return from liquidation and going after those responsible ?

I'm intrigued by this as it implies they are chasing Whyte, Murray and the old board for the cash.

This could be very interesting.

Especially since my reading of HMRC's statement is that they are pursuing the big tax case as well in that they said Rangers can start afresh debt free. If the CVA had gone ahead the club would have had to deal with that if found guilty. If not found guilty I cannot understand HMRC's actions.

Especially since my reading of HMRC's statement is that they are pursuing the big tax case as well in that they said Rangers can start afresh debt free. If the CVA had gone ahead the club would have had to deal with that if found guilty. If not found guilty I cannot understand HMRC's actions.

the cva dealt with the big tax case.