Rangers â?? The Fight Continues

Until the sit. re: SPL or not is clarified, things will be held in abeyance.

I would imagine.

But you'd be off your rocker to sign over £1 let alone £400 to whatever entity is taking our money atm!

From FF, don't know how true it is.

"DD to go ahead as planned and first payment will come off on the 29th June.

If they are cheaper (division 3 etc) the payments will be adjusted to suit."

They can't expect fans to continue buying these when we don't know what is happening.

I think many people who on the surface, think of themselves as fans, have to actually work out if they are more like customers after all.

People have to realise that for the team to compete the way they would like, needs money and patronage - so while people baulk at £400 for div 3 football you have to realise you get what you pay for and the fans have the biggest ownership in this.

Do you want a half decent team that sweeps all before them on a march back to the SPL, or to pay for an above average div 3 team and battle your way to the top watching that level of football? And at that level of spend, it may take a long time.

If you're a fan rather than a customer you're part of team and your money decides what level of "equipment" the team has. If you started competing at something yourself and seen your level as a lot higher than where you start would you pay for the level of equipment for where you aspire to be, or think, "I'm only in the lower division so I'm only prepared to buy cheap stuff".

Say it's cycling, do you buy a bike from Halfords or a proper carbon framed bike from a decent shop with decent components? It depends on your level of ambition I suppose and how much you can afford.

Our level of ambition is the SPL and so we need an SPL team to get there and so we need to pay SPL prices. Paying less for lower quality is only sabotaging your own goals and I can't see how that will be satisfying.

People have to decide whether they are part of the team, in ownership of the club, or merely spectators looking for value for money.

I think many people who on the surface, think of themselves as fans, have to actually work out if they are more like customers after all.

People have to realise that for the team to compete the way they would like, needs money and patronage - so while people baulk at £400 for div 3 football you have to realise you get what you pay for and the fans have the biggest ownership in this.

Do you want a half decent team that sweeps all before them on a march back to the SPL, or to pay for an above average div 3 team and battle your way to the top watching that level of football? And at that level of spend, it may take a long time.

If you're a fan rather than a customer you're part of team and your money decides what level of "equipment" the team has. If you started competing at something yourself and seen your level as a lot higher than where you start would you pay for the level of equipment for where you aspire to be, or think, "I'm only in the lower division so I'm only prepared to buy cheap stuff".

Say it's cycling, do you buy a bike from Halfords or a proper carbon framed bike from a decent shop with decent components? It depends on your level of ambition I suppose and how much you can afford.

Our level of ambition is the SPL and so we need an SPL team to get there and so we need to pay SPL prices. Paying less for lower quality is only sabotaging your own goals and I can't see how that will be satisfying.

People have to decide whether they are part of the team, in ownership of the club, or merely spectators looking for value for money.

Absolutely agree. I support Man City as my English team and remember when City went down to the equivalent of the old English 3rd division in 1998. City cut their season ticket prices a bit but not by much because they knew they had an infrastructure to protect and only one season to turn things around or they would be in an even deeper hole. It was a horrible but strangely exhilarating season. All my City mates and I thought we'd blown it many times over the course of it and in the end we just made it through on penalties against Gillingham in the playoff at the old Wembley. That day was so important to me and all my friends who support City. It was the first day in a long time that we as fans got our self-respect back. There were generations of supporters - grandads, fathers and sons who'd been kicked and laughed at by Man United and others for decades. We came away from Wembley that day knowing that something had changed. From then on it was going to be different.

The point is that City held it together (albeit JUST) in that crisis season and that day at Wembley was the turning point. None of the stuff you see with the club today would have been possible without that season down among the dead men (to quote a book written about it). If Rangers do end up in the 3rd division we have will have to experience the same thing and it can be a scary time. We'll lose to Brechin or a few others and it may be shaky but believe me if we do get out of it through our own sweat and hard work and back to the SPL, it will be deeply treasured by those fans who were along for the ride. Those that really love our club need to stand up and follow the team and pay the money to get us through the dark time. Keep the faith. We'll be back.

Yea, I think that would apply to whoever owned us. A large chunk of the fans would prefer a division 3 option rather than playing handicapped in the SPL but the finance guys wouldn't want it.

The only thing that may get them to change their minds is if a lot of season ticket holders say they are not going to renew if the handicapped SPL is what we are looking at.

I'll renew if we are in div 3. I'll have to think about it if we are SPL with a large penalty and a lack of "sporting integrity".

yeah same applies to every owner.

I too would go in the 3rd division if it was a choice to go down there not a penalty. even under green ownership.

We need to take our punishment and go down to division three with our diginity intac. We would be forever remembered as the team who gets away with anything and lets be fair it seems we do. We are going to be a shadow team next year, all top earners WILL leave as there is nothing to stay for with euro football out of the picture for three years. Three years is a long time for a player never mind the fact we would still have to be up to the task in three years as well. Doubt it very much , third division with dignity and give the wee teams a bit of a lift. Lets just hope we have a league to come back to.

We are rangers SUPER RANGERS no one likes us

WE DONT CARE