Rangers â?? The Fight Continues

Get it right up you. I was at Ibrox for every game last season and paid my dues. I was only stating we should go the the bottom divesion and start again and you picked up on 5 words in my statement you smart arse and have started everyone else jumping on board. I have only just joined this site and wont be bac

Frankie you Moron

Edited by Hamy 1986

Get it right up you. I was at Ibrox for every game last season and paid my dues. I was only stating we should go the the bottom divesion and start again and you picked up on 5 words in my statement you smart arse and have started everyone else jumping on board. I have only just joined this site and wont be back.

Moron

You joined this site over a year ago :)

Get it right up you. I was at Ibrox for every game last season and paid my dues. I was only stating we should go the the bottom divesion and start again and you picked up on 5 words in my statement you smart arse and have started everyone else jumping on board. I have only just joined this site and wont be bac

Frankie you Moron

Thanks for the intelligent posts,now fuck off and don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Yea, I think that would apply to whoever owned us. A large chunk of the fans would prefer a division 3 option rather than playing handicapped in the SPL but the finance guys wouldn't want it.

The only thing that may get them to change their minds is if a lot of season ticket holders say they are not going to renew if the handicapped SPL is what we are looking at.

I'll renew if we are in div 3. I'll have to think about it if we are SPL with a large penalty and a lack of "sporting integrity".

Agreed.What is the point being in the SPL if we are handicapped so severely we cannot challenge for the title?,the only reason we would be in the SPL is to fill the pockets of the clubs that want us hung drawn and quartered,so starting in the 3rd division is a better option for me.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this. Your cycling analogy only works if you're cycling around a velodrome, but if you're cycling through your public park, over curbs, round prams, slowing down for dogs and trying to avoid rain filled pot holes you might be grateful your bike came from Halfords because the carbon fibre racing bike isn't suited for that terrain. Once you've made the journey to the racing track you can use your carbon fibre bike again.

You're taking my analogy to an unnecessary detail. It works on every level. Maybe Halfords is a bad example as I actually have a Boardman Team Carbon road bike from there. There's no competitions for potholed roads but if you want to talk off-road, lets compare a top end mountain bike with a dirt cheap £300 bike. Whatever the game, the best equipment helps. You're argument is a bit like arguing that you don't need top sportsmen to win the league as a bunch of top swimmers have no chance of winning at football.

My point is that you wouldn't sell yourself short, why sell your football team short - unless you have no real affection for it?

It would be foolish for us as a club to try and sign or keep SPL players for the 3rd Div. For a start the cost is prohibitive, you'd be looking at 3 year contracts, agents fees and insurance on top of any transfer fee (assuming we're allowed to sign someone). Then you have the motivation issue. Why would an SPL player with any ambition want to play in Div 3? Okay, for some a love of the club will play a part, and indeed the chance to say they played for Rangers will be an attraction, but for most, even the bluenoses will struggle to adapt to the drop in level.

So you're saying we should just become another div 3 team? I don't get you.

What I'm saying is that fans need to think of the club and realise they need a decent budget to fly up the leagues. Pay peanuts and you'll get monkeys. You seem to be saying that we should just get used to being in the lower leagues. I disagree.

You need to find out what budget you have and spend it on the best you can get. That budget mostly depends on the loyalty of our fans - how much they will pay and how many will turn up. I sometimes get the impression that "loyal" is a meaningless word in Rangers circles even though many supporters clubs have it in their name.

For me it isn't a lack of ambition that means we'll need to sign some Div 3 players, it's the opposite. We'll need players who know that level, who know the players and personalities at that level, who know that someone is weak on their left side, another is easily wound up but can shoot from distance etc. Don't underestimate the need for knowledge. Just because you have better players doesn't mean you'll win, it's a team game and the team must be greater than the sum of its parts. It would be essential that we brought someone in on the coaching side who knew that level too.

I'd rather just bulldoze my way up the leagues with a far superior team due to 40k fans paying a decent amount for their tickets. Depends on the loyalty again.