Interesting Old Article By Jim Spence

The Dundee fans are revolting.

You know what I mean...

The Dark Blues, who carry the biggest away support in the First Division, are contemplating a boycott of away games and it's understandable considering how they've been treated.

With Dundee fighting for their very existence, their fans have been royally shafted - once by their own board, and now by the SFL board.

It wasn't the fans who didn't pay the tax bill, but they're the ones who stand to lose their club.

Because make no mistake, Dundee FC are very close to going out of business, and it wasn't the fans that put them in that position.

Sadly, the boycott will hit innocent First Division clubs with their own financial worries.

It wasn't these clubs who voted to hit Dundee with a swingeing 25-point penalty which almost certainly condemns them to relegation, but representatives of part-time clubs in the lower divisions.

A boycott will hit other clubs hard, very hard in some cases.

Raith Rovers, for instance, are due two visits from Dundee and stand to lose around £40,000 from the absence of an expected 4,000 visiting fans for the two games, if the boycott goes ahead.

That will be the cost to just one First Division club of a misguided and disproportionate punishment.

If clubs are to be hammered for relying on a benefactor as Dundee did, then a lot of clubs will be twitching nervously.

In Dundee's case such a benefactor who seemed to be the real deal let them down badly.

His reputation is in tatters but he doesn't face losing his club.

He never supported it in the first place.

Dundee fans are fighting for 117 years of history and great memories.

That may mean nothing to those who made the points-deduction decision, but they may be about to find out that they have provoked a sleeping giant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jimspence/2010/11/dundee_punishment_is_misguided.html

He's only a hypocrite if he's been condemning Rangers and I must say I pay little attention to him so can someone enlighten me?

He's been calling for the strongest possible action against Rangers on every radio and TV show he appears on.

Clearly likes such rules for one club only.

He's an over-excitable wee walloper. Why Bears gave him the time of day against St Johnstone is beyond me. Only yesterday he was frothing at the mic, shrieking for Bears to question of Walter: WHY NOW??????????????

The idea of taking advice from the likes of him, well really.

He's been calling for the strongest possible action against Rangers on every radio and TV show he appears on.

Clearly likes such rules for one club only.

Having seen none of this I can only take your word for it. He really does strike me as a total irrelevance - I'm not sure when he gained so much credibility that our fans react furiously to his hypocrisy.