Rangers newco: Plans for club to enter Scottish Division One

As I said, we are just part of the show. What they are doing is a restructure of the whole system. We, as it seems, where the stone that got the avalanche away. So they may not solely vote on us, but on the whole set of changes. As in: either this or nothing. A clever trick by the brains behind this, if theyy thought along the same lines

Guest DietofWorms
The last point is pretty poor, 'waiving rights to a legal challenge'

I'm not sure that is even legal...this is Football not fucking Guantanamo Bay.

I love this, you can't make this shit up.

The clubs get to vote on the changes proposed but not rangers going into SFL 1

If they vote no we go to DIV 3 and the changes don't get made ha ha ha

Do they vote no and banish Rangers to Div3 or do they vote yes and finally get the changes and extra money they all crave so much.

I really do object to the football authorities obsession for operating without fear of legal challenge.

That kind of thing - those at the top being free from effective questioning - didn't so us much good, did it?

I really do object to the football authorities obsession for operating without fear of legal challenge.

In this situation I don't see it as much of a problem. I see the proposal as a "take it, or leave it" offer.

Rangers pay the previous football debts, and the fines handed down to them, no arguments & no appeals. Providing there are no further sanctions added, I would accept. At least we would know where we're playing next season, and in a division where we would likely keep all our decent players (of the ones left...)

Before accepting though, Rangers should be getting written confirmation that there will be no further punishments or sanctions applied.

I love this, you can't make this shit up.

The clubs get to vote on the changes proposed but not rangers going into SFL 1

If they vote no we go to DIV 3 and the changes don't get made ha ha ha

Do they vote no and banish Rangers to Div3 or do they vote yes and finally get the changes and extra money they all crave so much.

There is a real danger that, as things stand, we could voted out of the entire Scottish football set up. If the offer of benefits for Div1 clubs is enough to swing it so that we definitely have a league to play in next season then I will be extremely relieved!

Think about it: Back in the SPL for the 2013-14 season, challanging for the title the one after. That statement may be optimisitc, but it's not unrealistic. It may well ease the pain for the other SPL clubs, but if that means we get back to some semblance of normality sooner, then I'm all for it.

But that report specifically states that we will only be allowed to join the SFA - not SPL or SFL, but the SFA - if we give up a right we're entitled to under both the Universal Declaration on Human Rights and the European Convention on Human Rights.

It may seem ridiculous to bring those agreements into this context, but they were hard won with buckets of blood - you might say humanity was up to its knees in tyrants' blood - and to insist on the abrogation of those rights in order to allow membership of a club is just not on. In short, they are not allowed by law to insist on this aspect of the deal. Now, Rangers might say it's a price worth paying. But it makes me very nervous indeed.