Rangers newco: Plans for club to enter Scottish Division One

Thing is, I can see why some Div 1 clubs would be pisse off at us coming in although the introduction of playoffs and the fact we're rebuilding from scratch might soften the blow a bit.

I'd still rather see us entering Div 3 and to be honest, I can't see any clubs there objecting as it would mean an injection of cash for all those teams which could set some of them up for years to come.

•Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

Putting the rights and wrongs of relegation to one side, I think it's correct that newco has to pay off the football debts. Happy to accept the existing monetary fines as well. Presumably the ban on signing players is put to one side. Not sure what the legal challenge would be in respect of? Fines or relegation only again would be OK.

I guess they are acknowledging that we are the same club and the punishment for suffering a liquidation event is relegation of one division, which isn't too unreasonable.

Putting the rights and wrongs of relegation to one side, I think it's correct that newco has to pay off the football debts. Happy to accept the existing monetary fines as well. Presumably the ban on signing players is put to one side. Not sure what the legal challenge would be in respect of? Fines or relegation only again would be OK.

I guess they are acknowledging that we are the same club and the punishment for suffering a liquidation event is relegation of one division, which isn't too unreasonable.

Aye, exactly right. If we pay our debts they can't argue about our History.

I would accept but would insist on some conditions.

1. No further footballing sanctions can be applied.

2. The financial penalties are suspended until the outcome of the Procurator Fiscal's investigation; and are then reviewed in light of its findings and any potential criminal charges that are brought.

3. Continuity of the club's history is officially recognised by all remaining football authorities.

Guest carter001

I also would insist on no further sanctions but, I assume that this solution/sanctions are for going into liquidation only?

So they might accept a clause of no further sanctions for this 'offence' but, then impose more following the dual contract/ebt offences?

Or am I mistaken?