Rangers Say Sorry !!!

This is not the Rangers I've known for all these years.

RANGERS chairman Malcolm Murray has apologised to Scottish football on behalf of the club for the problems the Light Blues' financial crisis has caused in recent months.

Even though the current regime at Ibrox has nothing to say sorry for, he feels it is only right to do so and he spoke with humility at the training ground today.

Appointed into his new position towards the end of last month, Murray has moved to express regret at the way things have unfolded in one of his first acts at the helm.

He spoke at Murray Park this morning and you can see David Melvin's interview with him now on RangersTV.tv for free if you register on the website first.

Murray said: "The last few months have been extremely difficult for everyone at Rangers - staff, players and, most importantly, the supporters of the club who have been magnificent in the face of adversity.

"That said, all of us within the Rangers family are acutely aware that events at our club, brought about by people who are no longer here, have triggered a crisis in Scottish football.

"Ally McCoist, the staff and players have nothing to apologise for but the club needs to make an apology. It is only right that someone at Rangers expresses our sorrow and regret.

"On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers.

"All of Scottish football is now having to live with the consequences of that behaviour and every true Rangers fan will consider it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football.

"The people who are now running Rangers Football Club want the club to move forward but we cannot do so until we have recognised how damaging to football has been the crisis at our club.

"We want to rebuild Rangers but we also want to ensure the club plays a role that is beneficial to Scottish football, the Scottish economy and Scottish life in general."

So now the previous directors have apologised, fan group leaders have apologised and our current chairman has apologised. Will the the complaints about lack of contrition cease? (I doubt it) Does that mean we'll now be back in the SPL as that was one of their biggest reasons for kicking us out (I doubt it).

I don't give a fuck how its affecting Scottish football.

Then you can't complain about how other clubs treat us or our final punishment. If we don't give a fuck about them, then why should they give a fuck about us? You're just as bad as they are and if more are like you then we deserve all we get.

Any chance of an apology from the SFA for the way they have handled this, I thnk not.

Can't agree more GA, I had post this in another thread.

Are the other clubs and the SPL going to apologize for their part in this clusterfuck, bitter jealousy and lynch mob attempts to kick us to death played a big part in this mess. The whole thing could have been handled a lot better, and maybe we as a club deserve some kind of apology.

Rangers fc were not alone in making this situation what it is.

The problem is that Charles Green wants the club in the SPL. I dont blame him for that to be honest, even if we think the "right" thing to do is go to Div 3. The club's future is more stable in SPL and that is where Green is going to make his money.

So this apology was always on the cards. That said, it could and should have been done sooner. The eve before the vote is quite clearly going to be seen by all other clubs and their fans as a way of buttering them up to vote yes. If it were done sooner there MIGHT have been less scepticism surrounding it.

I dont mind the statement, I just wish that he could also have said that others also should be aware of the role they have played in this debacle, but if he had done that it would have been seen as a statement that negated the apology which clearly they dont want to do.

This looks to me as if it is grovelling (which it certainly is to an extent) to remain in the SPL. What I would hope for is that IF (very unlikely) we DO stay in the SPL then at that point we see more pointed and barbed statements from our Chairman about just what the other clubs have attempted to do to us.

Better to fight from within than from without.

"On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers."

I have no problem at all with that statement. He's laid the blame squarely at the feet of the perpetrators.