John Brown's Bid for Rangers

At the end of the day, time is marching on and with every passing day it can be argued that Green's position strengthens.

Our fans are wearied of all the coming and going and just want to support their club. Once our league is decided (hopefully next week), I think we'll then see people starting to renew in greater numbers.

If another buyer - be it Brown (unlikely IMO) or AN Other (more possible) - wants to make a bid in the interim they'll need to do so quickly. If not then they'll have reduced goodwill and less chance of success.

Of course there are still a few other variables but if Green does want to own the club and stick around (that's still an if) then I'd suggest he now holds the stronger hand. Other interested parties have failed badly in their efforts.

Guest Corkie
There will be a 5 figure amount inside the ground, even in the worst case scenario.

Yeah I should have been talking about Ibrox, just this SFL1 or 3 is playing on the mind. But even if it's 10+K inside there'll be problems if thousands of people are still outside. The last thing we need is Bear on Bear trouble. Let's get this mess sorted. If Brown and his backers have the money then grin and bear it paying Green a handsome profit (he's not going to sell cheaply). If not, then let Green get on with it and don't be asking Bears to choose between loyalties to what might have been and fronted by former icons, and the Gers on the park.

Sorry, but Brown's "bid" is non existent IMO.

My anger is at McColll for walking away and not sorting out this mess. He more than anyone has the money to do it, yet he does fuck all about it. Him and Walter were a disgrace !!!!

How much more same again plus £1, I'll say it again if they want the club get in a room get the deal done then shout your mouth off. Not the other way around.

I seriously hope Green tells him to leave us alone to get on with it.

oh I've no idea if it will be more or less than last time.

My anger is at McColll for walking away and not sorting out this mess. He more than anyone has the money to do it, yet he does fuck all about it. Him and Walter were a disgrace !!!!

IMHO quite the opposite. They spoke to Green and stepped back (for the time being). Why is anyone's guess, mine would be that they see sense in Green taking the club through this ordeal with the SPL and SFA, get the boat back on course and then they come back again. McColl sure has the money to deliver what Green's men will want AND the resources to see us through these years in exile. Brown's current actions harm the club more than some of the antics of the other SPL people, as it - in essence - threatens its very existence. Green and Co. know full well that if someone like Smith steps onto the plate, with a backer like McColl in the background, a switch in ownership can easily be accomplished. Doing it right now though will hamper the ability of the club to act at all, should e.g. the SFA follow through with their silly antics.

IMHO quite the opposite. They spoke to Green and stepped back (for the time being). Why is anyone's guess, mine would be that they see sense in Green taking the club through this ordeal with the SPL and SFA, get the boat back on course and then they come back again. McColl sure has the money to deliver what Green's men will want AND the resources to see us through these years in exile. Brown's current actions harm the club more than some of the antics of the other SPL people, as it - in essence - threatens its very existence. Green and Co. know full well that if someone like Smith steps onto the plate, with a backer like McColl in the background, a switch in ownership can easily be accomplished. Doing it right now though will hamper the ability of the club to act at all, should e.g. the SFA follow through with their silly antics.

Then again, you like David Murray so you should just put the laptop away and go back to staring into space.

At the end of the day, time is marching on and with every passing day it can be argued that Green's position strengthens.

Our fans are wearied of all the coming and going and just want to support their club. Once our league is decided (hopefully next week), I think we'll then see people starting to renew in greater numbers.

If another buyer - be it Brown (unlikely IMO) or AN Other (more possible) - wants to make a bid in the interim they'll need to do so quickly. If not then they'll have reduced goodwill and less chance of success.

Of course there are still a few other variables but if Green does want to own the club and stick around (that's still an if) then I'd suggest he now holds the stronger hand. Other interested parties have failed badly in their efforts.

There is nobody credible interested in buying us. This is quite clear.

Had any of our rich supporters any real interest in investing or saving us, all this would not be happening. A respectable CVA would have made no dent to the likes of Jim McColl's bank balance and we would not be contemplating playing division 3 football next season, potentially burying our club in the process for many years.

The only thing we really have left now is our stadium and supporters.

I'm not sure what Walter could have done in this instance. The blame lies with the 'Rangers men' who had the collateral to do something.

There is nobody credible interested in buying us. This is quite clear.

Had any of our rich supporters any real interest in investing or saving us, all this would not be happening. A respectable CVA would have made no dent to the likes of Jim McColl's bank balance and we would not be contemplating playing division 3 football next season, potentially burying our club in the process for many years.

The only thing we really have left now is our stadium and supporters.

A CVA was never likely due to the non compliance of Whyte and paying taxes.