John Brown's Bid for Rangers

Agreed. It's a good idea. I vote for Dumbarton.

Interesting choice, joint winners with us of the first ever Scottish title. Not sure 50 thousand would turn out for that though.

Rangers fans are great and usually turn out in good numbers. so who knows :)

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

Interesting choice, joint winners with us of the first ever Scottish title. Not sure 50 thousand would turn out for that though.

But Rangers fans are great. so who knows :)

Also founded in 1872.

Obviously we would have to wait until after the SFL vote. Wouldn't want to be seen as prejudicing it in any way, but it could be a good way to start healing wounds and taking into account higher numbers of visiting supporters than Le Havre, I think it could get a decent turnout. :smile:

John Brown thinks he is doing the right for Rangers. I’m convinced of that and by the actions of a large number of Rangers fans they do too.

But, the “starve them out”.

Says to me that if John Brown does have financial backing then his financial backers aren’t willing to put in anymore money than what has been offered. This is why they are saying we should boycott buying season tickets to “panic” Charles Green and co into selling.

But in reality I don’t think Charles Green could care less if Rangers fans buy season tickets. If they don’t and newco Rangers fails then he knows he can make his money another way.

I don’t think he wants that. But if it did happen he could then say he tried I just never got any backing from fans etc.

that definately what was said. :)

How much more same again plus £1, I'll say it again if they want the club get in a room get the deal done then shout your mouth off. Not the other way around.

I seriously hope Green tells him to leave us alone to get on with it.

Guest Corkie

What do both guys want for RFC long term. I don't think Green cares too much one way or the other as long as he can make a big profit on it. I think Brown cares but though he's RFC through and through his backers should have had someone more polished as a spokesman. His "starve them out" and refusal to repeat what Green allegedly said to him to protect Green from violence by Bears is not big or clever.

Walter and his backers walked away from trying to deal with Green, why do Brown's backers think they'll do any better? They won't get it on the cheap. Yes Green paid less then 6 Million quid but he stumped up - so he can call the price now. Brown and Co must meet his asking price or naff off. Time is marching on and worst case scenario is for the team to end in SFL 3 with only a few hundred fans inside the ground while there's thousands outside trying to "starve him out"

Time is marching on and worst case scenario is for the team to end in SFL 3 with only a few hundred fans inside the ground while there's thousands outside trying to "starve him out"

There will be a 5 figure amount inside the ground, even in the worst case scenario.