From The Daily Record:

GREEN FACES £15 MILLION BLACK HOLE IN FINANCES:

Only 250 season tickets have been sold for next season as uncertainty remains over which league Rangers will play in

RANGERS face a deepening cash crisis after netting just £100,000 from season ticket sales.

The Ibrox club are believed to have sold just 250 â?? a sharp contrast from last seasonâ??s near 40,000 sales.

And unless there is a last-minute rush, new owner Charles Green faces a £15million black hole in his finances.

Green needs to meet £1million a month running costs but that cash is rapidly drying up.

Many fans cancelled their standing orders or failed to renew season tickets over fears of Greenâ??s ownership and uncertainty over which division Gers would be playing in.

The club extended the season ticket deadline until next Friday.

But that could be futile as the SFL only meet that day to decide whether or not they play in Division One or Division Three.On Wednesday, SPL clubs voted 10-1 not to allow Rangers newco into the Premier League.

A senior fans source said: â??We were given an official figure of £100,000 and that represents just 250 supporters. No one wants to risk parting with their money until there is clarity on where we are playing next season.â?

Rangers declined to comment but it is understood that the clubâ??s cash flow is starting to ring alarm bells. Fans are refusing to buy tickets unless Rangers are allowed to start again in the Third Division â?? and NOT parachuted into Division One.

Last night. Andy Kerr, of the Rangers Supportersâ?? Assembly, said: â??Our view is crystal clear. We will not have notions of â??integrityâ?? thrown back at us in future. We believe Rangers should be in the Third Division.

â??But in this new environment, where chairmen are suddenly listening to their fans, Green and Malcolm Murray should do the same and listen to the 80 per cent of Rangers fans who wish to go to Division Three.

â??If they listen, then I can foresee a time when fansâ?? organisations will advise their members to renew season tickets, but at a lower rate to reflect the Third Division status.

â??And once that particular lever is pulled, then we will advise as many fans as possible to renew.â?

Last week, Rangers moved to allay fears among fans who claimed attempts had been made to stop them cancelling their season tickets.

The club response came after supporter Bob Crossan told the Record he was charged £93 by a company called Fastpay â?? despite informing Gers he didnâ??t want to renew his season book.

However, Rangers finance director Brian Stockbridge told us then: â??No season ticket money has been collected as yet from direct debits and none will be until July 6 at the earliest.â?

Last night, Rangers would not comment on season ticket sales to date. Any fans seeking clarification can call supporter services on 0871 702 1972.

So Rangers face serious financial difficulties. That's wonderful news for you, no wonder you sound so upbeat as you quote your favourite newspaper.

Hopefully Green will start sacking employees very soon.

the running cost figure of a million a month is pretty good though I doubt its accurate. rates are 100k a month and lee mculloch earns almost the same.

You must be the only Rangers fan I know who gets a kick out of bad news about us.

You really have to ask yourself if your a real fan if you would happily see your club suffer again just to get the idiot Brown and his mhanky pals in charge.

You must be the only Rangers fan I know who gets a kick out of bad news about us.

You really have to ask yourself if your a real fan if you would happily see your club suffer again just to get the idiot Brown and his mhanky pals in charge.

Agree, i think it's clear why RM kicked him out. He has shown his true side in the last couple of days.

the running cost figure of a million a month is pretty good though I doubt its accurate. rates are 100k a month and lee mculloch earns almost the same.

You still think Jig is on 25K a week :facepalm: is that after tax by the way.

Right now, we do not have a league to play in. Common sense-wise, why would people spend money on a product that ain't one? Fan-wise, you would expect that loyalty and fear for the existence of the club will see season tickets to be renewed nonetheless.

I for one do expect that once we have a league to play in - i.e. there is football actually being played at Ibrox, people will return to the counters and renew. Or, for that matter, will come and see the games of choice on the match days. Once we have a league to play in, McCoist will sure make a plea to the support to buy tickets now and keep the club running.

In essence, this is as much doom-mongering as is the "worst-possible-case"-scenario always painted by the media pre-CVA. If theserunning costs of 1m a month is correct, and Green's numbers of 5.5m by the end of the month, there is no need for the support to rush to the counters just yet.

not sure how you infer that I get a kick out of this. I don't.

You still think Jig is on 25K a week :facepalm: is that after tax by the way.

I would think that he has agreed a wage far, far lower than that. He will want to be the Captain who led the Rangers comeback and that's a reputation worth having and counts for more than momey.