Andrew Dickson Twitter RE Guardian

@rfc_dickson: Anyone from @guardian care to explain to me why this is funny and worthy of a prize? http://t.co/qSYWLAtX @mrewanmurray

@rfc_dickson: Maybe the @guardian will give me & the other RFC media guys jobs if we lose ours seeing as they find it all so humorous and light hearted

@rfc_dickson: For the record in case it's not totally clear, I think the link I've just tweeted from the @guardian is an absolute disgrace

Here's the link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/jul/17/rangers-future-the-gallery?CMP=twt_gu

Terrible that a newspaper gives a prize for this but as we have been calling them the social bhoys for years I suppose it is a case of what goes around comes around.

I hope they enjoy this for now for as I say, what goes around comes around.

Sports Editor has removed them

mian prior‏@ianprior

@rangersfctrust The Gallery images were submitted by readers. We've reviewed it today and removed some that crossed the boundary of taste

2mRab Boyle‏@RFC_Rab

@ianprior @rangersfctrust Thanks Ian. It's a shame that it wasn't glaringly obvious that it wasn't in the best taste.

1mian prior‏@ianprior

@RFC_Rab @rangersfctrust Agree. Not the finest decision we've made this week. Apologies for any offence caused

I like the Guardian and am disappointed to see it stoop to this level but at least it is removed and an apology given. We are starting to stand up for ourselves and must continue to do so to ensure we are never again so underrepresented and maligned until people get the message and the culture changes.

The Guardian the paper written by hypocrites for hypocrites......

Despite the Guardian splashing their campaigning investigations into tax avoidance across the front page, the paperâ??s parent company has been using convoluted but legal techniques to avoid paying tax, according to Private Eye.

Guardian Media Group, publisher of the Guardian and its sister the Observer, has been accused of running a tax avoidance scheme by the satirical magazine.

This has emerged following â??a huge leak of tax avoidance schemesâ??. The people behind the scheme, the Eye claims, are PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) â?? Britainâ??s biggest accountancy firm.

The Eye alleges that the leaked information has revealed how accountants would submit their UK corporate clientsâ?? tax schemes for approval by the Luxembourg authorities. The schemes would be rubber stamped the same day.

According to the article published today, in 2010 GMG and Apax (its partner in joint offshore venture Emap â?? now Top Right Group), used Luxembourgâ??s complicated â??secret financial structuresâ?? to avoid a multimillion pound tax bill.

Luxembourg employs these financial structures to simulate the effect of a low tax regime, says the Eye.

European law precludes the Grand Duchy from having the vanishingly small tax rates of a tax haven. Although corporation tax is 20%, in the GMG scheme Luxembourg demanded 0.125% tax on £100m claims the report.

Another customer of PwC which had its schemes exposed in the leak is Vodafone. The Bureau and Private Eye exposed the telecoms giantâ??s scheme earlier this year to avoid paying even what little tax is levied in Luxembourg.

Attributing profit to a Swiss branch is a common, legal tax avoidance technique used by companies in Luxembourg. The profits are tax exempt in the Duchy and the Swiss taxman applies a modest amount.

The Bureau and Private Eye exposed Vodafoneâ??s use of this particular technique as artificial. The companyâ??s Swiss branches were shown to be run by a solitary accountant which indicated the main purpose of the operation was avoiding paying tax. The Bureauâ??s investigation called into question the agreement between Vodafone and UK tax authorities that this Swiss branch structure could continue without paying any tax to the UK.

In response to the Bureau and Eyeâ??s investigation Vodafone said: â??The Swiss branch has not been involved in Vodafoneâ??s global financing for a number of years.â??

But the PwC leak puts this assertion in doubt, says Private Eye.

A spokesperson from the Guardian Media Group told the Bureau neither GMG nor the offshore joint venture Emap â?? now Top Right Group â?? have paid less corporation tax as a result of its arrangement than they would if Emap had been held onshore.

â??GMG is a privately owned company incorporated in the UK and subject to UK tax law,â?? the spokesman added.