Ramsden Cup Live

we moaned for months to get back to the football, and already after a match that cant even be described as a really busy friendly some of you are calling for allys head and moaning about the football. jeeses man, it will get slighly better id imagine.... or hope

People unhappy with the dire football we have played for years don't expect us to suddenly play spell binding football or anything. But I think you should be smart enough to know this already. I hope.

I was happy winning three in a row, but some people are never satisfied though.

Here's my tuppence worth, I thought, especially in the first half, when we decided to keep it on the deck, we were knocking it about nicely. Movement was good, passing was crisp, Black and Hutton seemed to running the show, We had Brechin doing nothing but chasing.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, we started to punt the ball. By-passing the midfield, we lost control and our direction. Brechin's players suddenly found a bit confidence and started to play some half decent football further up the park.

That was pretty much the theme for the rest of the game, we showed in patches that we tried to get back to playing the passing game, but by that time, Brechin were much more comfortable and pressing us all over the pitch, and at times looked dangerous on the break.

The goal was a defensive nightmare. Powder puff defending from the insanely slow Goian and for Alexander to get beat at his front post from that angle was criminal.

As for the young guys, I think they at least showed there's talent there. With more game time, I think they'll make a decent contribution as we hopefully go through the divisions.

Plus points, 120 mins of fitness and a win.....WATR.

Stewarty -

"That doesn't even make sense. See my post above. Criticism of the team and ally are NOT what is required at this time. Whatever your views on the team, save it for now please."

someone locked the other thread so i will take this chance to reply to you. you asked if i fell asleep in february, i asked if our problems were post feb, which of course they were not and constructive criticism is relevant at any point. whatever ally is doing, it clearly isnt working and hasnt done for over a year now

You are ignoring so many mitigating factors im not even sure it's worth spelling them out. I guess some people are hard to please.

You are ignoring so many mitigating factors im not even sure it's worth spelling them out. I guess some people are hard to please.

and some are far too easily pleased. i wonder who could have sucked the standards and level of ambition out of them............20 years under murray will do that to certain people i guess

At times last season I was doubting if McCoist was his own manager or just followed on from WS. Under Walter AM always took charge of the cup matches and set us out attacking then when he took over he reverted to a lot of defensive high ball stuff.

However when we are in attacking mode and play the ball on the deck we are good to watch so Im not sure why he changes it. This again is why we need a more solid assistant in there. Getting the likes of Ray WIlkins in now isnt going to happen but I think if Gough was around it would help. Its McDowall and Durrant I dont rate as assistants more than not rating Ally.

Anyway, a win is a win after a roller coaster emotional summer. We have barely kicked a ball in preparation yet Brechiin would have been up for this as the game of their lives.

As for the commentary, we can escape the vile SPL team but I guess the shite still follows on TV. We hold a lot more cards than we know and shouldnt accept bitterness like Maclean. Or should we...let them embarrass themselves.