Why did you choose Rangers ?

Like most on here I followed in my Dads footsteps

thanks to him and his two brothers when he couldn't manage to take me himself I have been going to Ibrox reguarly since i was 4 :)

31 now and taking my son and two daughters along to follow on the family tradition

I'm chuffed there's plenty mention of dad's on here, this is my long and boring reason why I'm a Rangers fan.

I was born in Paddington, London my Scottish catholic mum and church of england dad split when I was 4, mum returned to Glasgow and sent me to a proddy school because when she was a young girl attending school she was beaten for not attending mass (true) so for that reason mum sent me and my brother to Thomson St school in Denniston....that's why I became a Ranger because all my mates were Rangers.

Now my son and grandson are Rangers fans and that's because of ME.....oh, and my mum and dads separation had a lot to do with it too.

I made a thread about why I support The Rangers just before we went into admin. Cant find it to copy & paste :(

Basically went to a game after years of being a fan just because my grampa was & couldn't believe the atmosphere.

It was family. My grandad was Rangers daft. My wee Rangers socks were never off my feet ( remember the Royal Blue ones with red and white stripes and "Rangers" up the side anyone?) They had holes in them eventually, and I still wore them. My Mum had to buy me a pair of shoes so that people didn't see the holes in my socks.

Billy Henderson, Davy Wilson, Ralph Brand, Eric Caldow, Bobby Shearer and all the greats from that era were my heroes. Later Jim Forrest and Jim Baxter as well.

The rest, as they say, is history.

A history, may I add, that will never be erased.

When I was younger my first team was actually Liverpool due to the influence of Kenny Dalglish for Scotland in the early 80s.

However, my Dad and Grandad were soon taking me to see Rangers and that, along with the colours of the club, meant my team as chosen for life.

Mainly my family. All my dad's side are Cel*** fans but my mums side all Gers. My Grandad used to tell me about games from the 60's and he was in Barcelona in 72.

I first Saw Rangers play on the T.v against Cel*** in August 1988 when we had the memorable 5-1 win. From then on,without knowing anything about the OF or how big Rangers were, i said 'This is my team'.

My first Rangers game was that very same season against Motherwell at Ibrox. Think we won 2-1:yesrfc: