Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Artur Numan did a great job with Holland U-21 and he would jump at the chance. He could get us out of Div3 no problem and pick up the required experience over the next couple of years. Also give Laudrup a role with the youngsters and as assistant coach?

Still the question is would they be willing?

Don't push it too far - while many have their doubts, if someone posts Ally knows nothing about football at all they're just showing themselves up. You can't spent 30+ years in the game and not learn something. He may struggle dreadfully to get a team going, but I'll never agree he knows nothing about football.

Still the question is would they be willing?

Numan definite yes. 100%. Laudrup - I would say he would also jump at the chance to get into coaching and what an ideal apprenticeship getting us out of Div3. We can forget the big cups this year. I can't see us getting anything from Motherwell. Templeton was the only player capable of creating anything.

Don't push it too far - while many have their doubts, if someone posts Ally knows nothing about football at all they're just showing themselves up. You can't spent 30+ years in the game and not learn something. He may struggle dreadfully to get a team going, but I'll never agree he knows nothing about football.

There's loads of guys out there with just as many years in the game and there's a reason they aren't all managers, because they realised they couldn't.