Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

we are dismal.

we are so easy to play against. our movement is terrible all the opposition have to do is put 3 men on the man with the ball and wait for him to get frustrated and give away the ball. we cant attack we cant defend. we can barely pass the ball.

we have better players than dundee utd but they are playing poorly. the bare minimum a manager has to achieve is getting player to play to their potential.

its the same problems we have had for 18 months. its the same problems we see every week in the sfl3 but as soon as you come up against a decent side the result goes against us because we can no longer rely on the odd flash of decent play and us having the better players to win matches.

every minute we waste on mccoist costs us money and delays our recovery. i will always love super but he must go and he must go today. not because of utd but because he will never ever be good enough to win us the spl never mind in europe.

Edited by the gunslinger

Someone must surely say to Ally that things aren't working and he should move on at the end of the season.

I thought after the transfer window shut last august we were seriously short at CB & had no creatvity in MF. It showed big style today.

CG must realise too that the supporters won't continue to turn up in large numbers to watch unless things improve

if he loved the club the way our fans like to think he does he would have walked long ago. this is a man we had to ask 3 times to sign for us.

That's a cheap shot. I would question his ability but never his loyalty to the club.

That's a cheap shot. I would question his ability but never his loyalty to the club.

why hasnt he walked when its clear he is out of his depth? staying is not what is best for the club. he is embarassing us on a weekly basis.

Edited by kuznetsov

I don't know if McCoist is..."The Man" or not.

What I do know is that something ain't working as well as it should.

- is it McCoist's management of the team??

- Is it to do with Team spirit??

- is it to do with the overall quality of players??

- is it to do with training methods??

- is it to do with the club work ethic??

It may be one of these things, it may be all or maybe none. I don't know the answer. I do agree with others that a philosophy needs to be created with regard to a style of play and an overall work ethic. This should filter down through the different age groups with the view that any youngster coming into the team is familiar with various tactics and general style of play.

I have seen several TV documentary's about various military training regimes etc. During their training, these new recruits are pushed to their absolute breaking point, and in some cases beyond it. The training is physically & mentally challenging. The outcome of this is a group of new soldiers who can rely 100% on the man beside them when things get tough. In many ways these strangers are "re-born" as a solid unit who know that the only way to succeed is by working with & for the rest of the team. I'm not saying that the coaches @ RFC need to quite go that far, but do these players REALLY understand the meaning of team work??? How many of the current squad stay behind after training to work on different aspects of their game??? How many could honestly say that they have EARNED every penny of the handsome wage packet???

A lot of questions....I don't know how many answers there are....

excellent post, buddy - I reckon you speak for most of us.

why hasnt he walked when its clear he is out of his depth?

Maybe because he believes in himself, even if you don't believe in him?

Maybe for the same reasons he didn't walk away last summer?

Maybe because as a player he'd miss chances, have the fans on his back, but still pop up with the winner?

If any manager in the history of Scottish football ever deserved the benefit of the doubt, then after what he had to go through last year, it's Ally. I'm prepared to give it to him for now.

Maybe because he believes in himself, even if you don't believe in him?

Maybe for the same reasons he didn't walk away last summer?

Maybe because as a player he'd miss chances, have the fans on his back, but still pop up with the winner?

If any manager in the history of Scottish football ever deserved the benefit of the doubt, then after what he had to go through last year, it's Ally. I'm prepared to give it to him for now.

maybe

maybe

being a manager is completely different from being a player, completely different in so many ways.

after what he had to go through? we are all fans of the club, we all went through it. despite what has happened to our club he still has the best job in the country and more tools than every other manager bar one to do his job. how many times does our club have to be completely shamed for ally and the board to realise he isnt going to get it right?

maybe

maybe

being a manager is completely different from being a player, completely different in so many ways.

after what he had to go through? we are all fans of the club, we all went through it. despite what has happened to our club he still has the best job in the country and more tools than every other manager bar one to do his job. how many times does our club have to be completely shamed for ally and the board to realise he isnt going to get it right?

I said after what "he" had to go through, because we're not discussing whether you or I deserve the benefit of the doubt.

As for being shamed? United stuck with their last manager after being shamed 7:0 at Ibrox. We've had disappointing performances and results this season but we've not been shamed.

The defence again. What are the coaches coaching them? Nothing.

Please just go Ally. That team today could've won but a combination of arsehole players and naive, amateur and clueless coaches have fucked us over.