Crowd not looking good for tomorrow

He should try Alexander up front see if it works

How long did it take you to think through this and type this spark of wisdom? See, I also can do sarcasm.

Craig

Or do you suggest he should go with the same personnel in the same formation as the shambles we endured on Sunday ?

I'm actually disappointed in some of the reasoning shown. It has been spelled out time and again.

- new team

- new signings

- many players can play in different positions

- different standard of play from the opposition

- different tactics are being tried to cope with that

- no pre-season to get the players accustomed to each other

- half a handful of games played so far .. with different players utilized (to test or out of need) in different positions and tactics

Two away game tests backfired ... IMHO mostly because of the pre-season state and lack of quality and application shown by the players. Nothing to suggest that with a few weeks of training and getting to know each other in a competitive surrounding, we will start clicking home and away. Others may see it differently, but that is my view on the current (sic!) state of affairs.

This is largely correct. The product has been getting worse for a number of years and I believe that some fans have renewed due to the situation that may not have done had we been in the SPL because there's little on the pitch to get fans going.

I think that the novelty factor will carry us through for a while yet, but we need something to get us going.

Putting the manager situation to one side, as it's been covered elsewhere, I think a major issue is the lack of a real flair player/wingers. Aluko saved last season from an entertainment viewpoint, and we could do with getting in someone similar to get the fans going.

When was the football actually good? It became shit under Advocaat, shit under Eck, shit under PLG (although some seem to have rose tinted specs about a side who rarely gave confidence in a win), shit under Walter Smith (despite completely dominating domestic football and getting to a European final) and now shit under McCoist.

So when was it good? There are people who also complain that it was shit under Smith the first time around and under Souness we were called a bunch of hackers. Before that we had dire stuff under Wallace and Grieg.

There may have been a purple patch in DA's first two years but that's the very spending that put us in the third division now and it's not as if we can ever go back to that model.

Are we saying that we've been getting worse since Jock Wallace's first term? That ended 34 years ago.

There are clubs - 40 of them in Scotland, that never reach the heights of Rangers or win much at all, yet they have loyal followings. Perhaps their followers are not so great in numbers but sometimes you have to wonder if our fans are real football fans or just spoilt brats.

The comments are a bit like a kid in the depression, complaining at every mouthful that the food is shit while his father tries his best but struggles to bring home enough money to feed the family. Maybe that's a bit extreme and it's more like a kid complaining that his birthday presents are now crap after his father gets made redundant from a top job and has to take a more average one while still paying the big bills for the house etc.

There are some people who see things are not perfect but they staunchly get through it, supporting and helping as much as they can. There are others that just whinge and whinge all the way while holding very low standards for themselves...

When was the football actually good? It became shit under Advocaat, shit under Eck, shit under PLG (although some seem to have rose tinted specs about a side who rarely gave confidence in a win), shit under Walter Smith (despite completely dominating domestic football and getting to a European final) and now shit under McCoist.

What I said was it has been getting worse. When it was "good" is a totally different subject.

What I said was it has been getting worse. When it was "good" is a totally different subject.

Since when has it being getting worse then? This season? After losing 23 players, being relegated to the 3rd division and having to bring in lesser players than we have done since the early 80's? If it wasn't worse it would be a miracle.

PS Even since Advocaat, we've had less and less money to spend compare to the top clubs in Europe. Of course the standard of player is dropping. People say Walter had plenty of money to spend but it's a fraction of what a top Premiership club pays for one player.

DA's £5m player is today's £25m player. Todays £5m player is DA's £1m player.

Like I said, if it wasn't getting worse it would be a miracle.

Since when has it being getting worse then? This season? After losing 23 players, being relegated to the 3rd division and having to bring in lesser players than we have done since the early 80's? If it wasn't worse it would be a miracle.

It has probably getting steadily worse over the past 10 years.

Perhaps it's a generational thing. Guys who have been going to Ibrox consistently over the last 25 years are sitting freezing on a cold wet February night at 9.30pm thinking that there is nothing on show to excite them any more. Perhaps they are thinking that they can watch the games on the net from the comfort of their own homes? Not sure. However I hear the comments and they have been getting more and more and you do see a few people not renewing that were previously regulars.

Perhaps it's become more marked over the last couple of seasons as the fall in season ticket numbers would testify, falling from 43K to 40K to whatever it ended up at last season (36K-37K?).

I don't think that you can bring this season into it to any great extent as you can't judge the standard of football on this few games, and before the team has been finalised. However there is a general expectation that it should be possible to put a more entertaining team on the park given the level that we are playing at. Whether that is achieved may have an impact on renewals in the future.

Edited by Bluedell
clarifying the meaning of the last sentence.

You know what's worse than people that whinge about football that is so obviously shit?

The people who whinge about those people while trying to defend the indefensible crap football we play.

The point is that those calscot were aiming at all but continually whinge and bemoan and lament. That is utterly non-productive, nor helpful for any decent climate on here. There is all reason to say that we aren't that good at the moment, but there ain't need to throw essentially verbal shyte at the manager or this or that player if they do something wrong. Is that a standard of board talk we should not object to on the whole? There should also be enough insight to see that there are probably 500 better managers for Rangers on this board alone, that the standards of play these same people envisage for Rangers are as different too ... but at this moment and time, there will not be wholesale changes to management and playing staff. Both, BTW, IMHO very much untried.

I'm not asking to hold back with your opinions, yet if you do give them, how about doing it in a way that befits our own standards on here and those you would envisaged for Rangers? (And you know something? Someone will sure jump in here and tell me stop "trying to be an über-fan" or attempting some "morale high-ground". So in advance to these people: you've missed my point entirely.)

Edited by der Berliner