Crowd not looking good for tomorrow

Not what I said. The product on show is - to a large extend - Rangers FC at Ibrox. If that is in someone's eyes "rotten", I ought to wonder. Many wanted us in Divi 3, many know what this mean in a possible drop in quality. Now people come up making this out as if it was not clear enough from the beginning.

Anyway, I'll drop that debate and possible add him to the ignore list for the time being. No insult to kusnetzov at all, just me not willing to put up with these comments of his.

No disrespect to you DB but I sit in Ibrox and for a good couple of seasons the rumbling have been getting louder and louder about the the product on show week after week. It was kept in check by 3 in a row, but we are in Div3 now and they fans won't stand for winning a league we expect to win while playing crap football.

No disrespect to you DB but I sit in Ibrox and for a good couple of seasons the rumbling have been getting louder and louder about the the product on show week after week. It was kept in check by 3 in a row, but we are in Div3 now and they fans won't stand for winning a league we expect to win while playing crap football.

This is largely correct. The product has been getting worse for a number of years and I believe that some fans have renewed due to the situation that may not have done had we been in the SPL because there's little on the pitch to get fans going.

I think that the novelty factor will carry us through for a while yet, but we need something to get us going.

Putting the manager situation to one side, as it's been covered elsewhere, I think a major issue is the lack of a real flair player/wingers. Aluko saved last season from an entertainment viewpoint, and we could do with getting in someone similar to get the fans going.

Not what I said. The product on show is - to a large extend - Rangers FC at Ibrox. If that is in someone's eyes "rotten", I ought to wonder. Many wanted us in Divi 3, many know what this mean in a possible drop in quality. Now people come up making this out as if it was not clear enough from the beginning.

Anyway, I'll drop that debate and possible add him to the ignore list for the time being. No insult to kusnetzov at all, just me not willing to put up with these comments of his.

I dont think you should be walking around in a bubble thinking that everyone is there to see Rangers, regardless of standard of play. People DO want to be entertained and if you think that the standard of football currently on display will encourage people to come out in their thousands on a wet, windy January evening just to watch Rangers then you are deluded. It wont happen.

It is, whether I like it or not, also true that people will start walking away from the club and their ST if the standard isnt good. It is fact, it has happened before and it will also happen again, sadly.

I hate bringing up PLG again.... but sadly I will. I think that even though we were 17 points behind at Christmas there was a surprisingly large number of us who actually wanted him to STAY. Why ? Because even though we were so far behind Celtic we could see the footballing philosophy he was bringing to the club and were prepared to give him time to get his ideas across. I am not sure ANY manager would get that much of a chance at Rangers if they were so far behind AND the standard of play was dire.

Much as though PLG was an unmitigated disaster I would STILL like to have seen him given more time. Finish the season, another transfer window to sort out the defensive frailties and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened. But much of that was down to the type of football we were playing at the time.

Given the standard of football on display right now, if that were back then, in the SPL, and we were as far behind, I would NOT be willing to give AM more time as I was willing to give PLG.

The standard of football, in other words, DOES MATTER.

It is somewhat tedious to see every single thread polluted with the same thing though, surely you agree ?

Though I do agree that the product on offer likely is affecting numbers as well, to what extent we just dont know.

shall we just post positive stuff then no matter how deluded it is? do we really want to suppress truth and hide from the facts?

Edited by kuznetsov

rangers fc is not the product, they are the vendor. the football on show is the product. obviously. the same at every other club around the world.

you have been threatening to ignore me for weeks now, batter in. your threats will not change my views.

shall we just post positive stuff then no matter how deluded it is? do we really want to suppress truth and hide from the facts?

not at all IMO it just gets boring after seeing the same thing over and over mate. I am not and have not been impressed by our state of play, tactics and standard of players etc for years but it won't stop me going to watch the team I love and will still be there when hopefully we are playing a better standard again at the top in the not to distant future :whistling: Being a supporter, again IMO, you take the good with the bad, this is about as bad as I can remember (i'm sure others older than myself may say different) but it won't put me off or stop me going to games whenever I can make it.

Last nights attendances for some other teams:

Kilmarnock v Stenhousemuir 2,538

QOS v Hibernian 2,658

Ross County v Raith 1,147

Dunfermline v Montrose 903

A crowd of around 25k would be a great crowd as others have said.

No, not at all. I am not preventing you from posting it, nor am I saying where or when you should post it.

I am just giving my personal opinion that it is tedious to read it in every thread. I fully accept, and understand, that it will come up in more than one conversation.

In fact, if you read my earlier post in here to dB (after I said it was tedious) I TOO brought up the lack of decent product.

Doesnt mean I dont find it tedious to read about the manager in every single thread, even when I contribute to it.

Yes, I can be a hypocrite :D

not at all IMO it just gets boring after seeing the same thing over and over mate. I am not and have not been impressed by our state of play, tactics and standard of players etc for years but it won't stop me going to watch the team I love and will still be there when hopefully we are playing a better standard again at the top in the not to distant future :whistling: Being a supporter, again IMO, you take the good with the bad, this is about as bad as I can remember (i'm sure others older than myself may say different) but it won't put me off or stop me going to games whenever I can make it.

good for you mate. this is not about good and bad, this about right and wrong. i am someone who loves football so much that when i see poor football it makes me angry because it is such an easy game and such a wonderful sport when played right. i didnt even go to games under walter when we were winning almost every week because the style of play made me angry, it was depressing watching it. football is a sport and sport is to be enjoyed, it is supposed to be fun, i do not enjoy watching us. it is a real turn off. i will always support the club but loving rangers does not mean blindly accepting whatever sh*te the club serves up. i love my wife and kids but if they do something wrong or poorly, they will know all about it. i believe we should all have standards and we should all have ambition no matter what path our lives travel.