Raman Bhardwaj

I think his original comment is quite cleverly worded (whether intentional or not, I don't know)

It is worded in such a way that it MAY imply one thing, but can easily be defended as another. If it was a spoken comment, his intention would be an awful lot clearer - a bit of sarcasm in his voice could point more to the racial side of things. Said with a more serious tone, and its pointing to a genuine question.

To post a comment like he did then be surprised/shocked by the backlash is very short sighted & a very clear error of judgement. Would he have got away with making a comment like that on the national new?? Nae chance!!! The curse of social media strikes again.

I think it's clear he intended it. Raman is not an idiot. Well clearly he is, but he's a clever idiot! He knew EXACTLY what he was doing with that tweet.

Very difficult on twitter I would think.

Not that hard. "I wonder why." is NOT a question and is often used as rhetorical sarcasm. "Can someone tell me why?" IS a question but would be even better if qualified with "I'm genuinely curious, can someone explain why?" I'm sure there are enough characters in the message for that - or you just post two in a row.

So either it's not difficult, or I'm just really good at it... ;)

Not that hard. "I wonder why." is NOT a question and is often used as rhetorical sarcasm. "Can someone tell me why?" IS a question but would be even better if qualified with "I'm genuinely curious, can someone explain why?" I'm sure there are enough characters in the message for that - or you just post two in a row.

So either it's not difficult, or I'm just really good at it... ;)

He could easily have written the tweet differently to avoid any confusion with a bit of effort. Seemingly he'd been facetious all day posting narky tweets and that was the final straw. Silly boy.

Do we believe there is a threat? I'm sorry but either there are a bunch of total scumbags in our support or the latest fad is to rile the support, get bitten in a discussion/backlash and then claim 'serious threats'.

Now if he has been threatened then all i can say is FUCK UP to the idiots who do it. I mean really this doesn't help.

But I'm not sure.

Anyway, do these things come under FOI requests? Can we ask how many of these 'serious threat' claims are true?

I mean I could noise up celtic fans on my twitter, then quit saying I've been threatened...it's easy to say.

You would be open to prosecution for wasting police time.

You would be open to prosecution for wasting police time.

Which is why I then asked if we could FOI the police to find out if a complaint was even made to them. It wouldn't be the first time the police would come out and say 'we've heard nothing'

I think it's clear he intended it. Raman is not an idiot. Well clearly he is, but he's a clever idiot! He knew EXACTLY what he was doing with that tweet.

Indeed he did. He was doing a spot of tweet-fishing and windy-uppy-the-Rangers-fansy.