Wannabe thugs who have no ambition in life.

Please stop exaggerating everything. :rolleyes:

Perhaps people should aspire to be coppers with attitude problems who are largely despised in society for having a chip on their shoulder for being bullied at school?

The post was sarcastic and the total opposite of how I feel, Chilledbear's post so saddened me sarcasm was all I had left.

He came across a bit strong but I think I get his point.

How could anyone stop supporting the club because of a stupid internet forum thread? Must be a small section of our large fanbase that even use forums.

My tuppence worth.

The comparisons with Barcelona and their 'political' affiliations are interesting and worth exploring a bit further. For a start in the Catalan comparison we're Espanol (or Espanyol since they moved to the Catalan spelling) not Barcelona. Our shared national histories are very different too. None of us have lived under a fascist dictatorship, a dictatorship that banned the speaking of their language and all other cultural identity and who used paramilitary police to subjugate the population. The reasons for Barcelona's (and other 'Spanish' clubs) politicisation are based in recent history and the opportunity to express a culture and identity that was otherwise prohibited. That hasn't happened in Scotland since the 18th century and certainly not since any of us were born. In my opinion comparisons between us are disrespectful to those who were detained, imprisoned, tortured and murdered by Franco's fascist movement. We might well be 'more than a club' but for very different reasons.

I'm no nationalist, I'm uncomfortable with all signs of nationalism, be it Scottish or British or any other country. Wrapping a flag around yourself and using it as a symbol of identity baffles me. Anyone who doesn't think there is a need for change in this part of the world walks around with their eyes closed, in my lifetime the West of Scotland has gone from one of the most politically engaged areas of Europe to apathetic, disillusioned and disenfranchised. We've the lowest life expectancy in the western world, for fucksake that alone should have us marching on George Square.

So something that increases our interest in politics and how we are governed pleases me, however chanting anti-SNP songs at Ibrox strikes me as childish posturing. We live in a democracy as people have pointed out so go speak to your councillor, your MSP, your MP and your MEP, hold them accountable for what they do, scrutinise them. Join a political party and agitate for change, start a blog, hold a demonstration, start a petition, write to the papers there are countless ways you can genuinely affect the change and express the sentiment you hold in a far more constructive way.

I'm not uncomfortable with it because I disagree with it, but because I don't know where the line should be drawn. Is all 'political' or 'religious' singing allowed then? What if those horrible bastards with their stall in Mafeking Street fancy a few chants, is that okay too? What about the Scottish Defence League are we all okay with that? What about some pro-SNP chanting, anyone got any issues with that? What about abortion, seems to vex the Unionist/Loyalist politicians of Northern Ireland, can we expect some pro-life chanting next week?

Or what chance we all decide that Ibrox isn't the place for it. We're too broad, we come from too many backgrounds, we've very different experiences and views. The only thing we all agree on is wanting Rangers to win, and even on that we strongly disagree about how we should achieve it! That should be the only subject we allow to be sung about at Rangers, everything else should be left at the door.

It's not in our interests to turn people away from our club; no matter what you might feel about their politics.

Beautifully put, amms.

Well said and I can't see anything that I disagree with.

i have been in with the BF1 lads. no way are they thugs or wannabee thugs. they are young guys who love rangers and have found a fun and exciting way to support the club in a way they enjoy. its not my cup of tea but each to their own. lets be honest, if they were not there, ibrox would be a very quiet and very boring place every match day. our players would be falling asleep! it should be our aim to get the rest of the stadium involved, what an atmosphere that would create.

No wonder they're getting filmed and searched going into games. Flares, smoke bombs, offensive banners and immature and pointless chants like "1321".

How many times have Rangers fans had flares or smoke bombs in Ibrox this season?

Offensive banners? Which ones?

Immature and pointless chants? Shot the bastards!!!! :rolleyes:

Wannabe thugs who have no ambition in life.

You're talking about Frankie now, aren't you? Or is it just the rest of BF1? :rolleyes: