Rangers confirm interest in Naismith.

Personally I think it's a good idea. They are all good young players, just because they come from other SPL teams doesn't make them automatically shit. Every player has to come from somewhere and not every decent player will be picked up by large teams from a young age.

Anyway, where else are we going to be getting our players from?

I've said it before PLG will not go out and spend a lot of money on proven older/experienced players as it's not his style. He didn't do it at his previous clubs so I doubt he will start now. He will always buy young and with potential a la Essien, Diarra Govou etc. so players such as Naismith, Brown, Thompson and that guy from Auxerre are exactly the type of players he will be looking at.

If a lot of you are waiting on some expensive big name signings then forget it because apart from the fact we can't afford it, it's just not what PLG is about.

If he lives up to his reputation in France, and he signs promising young Scots, it could mean that they have a very good education which can only be good for Rangers and Scotland.

However, as we all know PLG has struggled to live up to his reputation so far.

OK it's not his style, but i would rather see experienced players come here on loan,not young guys, if you sign young guys then that's different, but not on loan IMO.

Fair point however, I think in the case of Martin and Bardsley they were last minute decisions to fill gaps on a temporary basis. I'm confident he is looking for players to fill these positions on a more long term basis. He was never going to turn over the squad in one season unless he had the money Advocaat was given so it will take time to identify achievable targets.

Further to the comments about a possible 4m kitty for January. Even PLG has said that there is no point throwing money at players unless they are exactly what he is looking for. So I doubt there will be many changes until the summer.

Fair point however, I think in the case of Martin and Bardsley they were last minute decisions to fill gaps on a temporary basis. I'm confident he is looking for players to fill these positions on a more long term basis. He was never going to turn over the squad in one season unless he had the money Advocaat was given so it will take time to identify achievable targets.

Well he was given about 4.5M to turnover the squad and brought in 11 new players, but how many players bought with that money will play tonight?

I make it two at the cost of 1.8M... (although he has introduced two Murray parkers to the team).

IMO, I just don't see the point in bringing in young inexperienced players on loan, why not use our own inexperienced youths?, you get loan players to help the team so you need to be an experienced player to do that......

Well he was given about 4.5M to turnover the squad and brought in 11 new players, but how many players bought with that money will play tonight?

I make it two at the cost of 1.8M... (although he has introduced two Murray parkers to the team).

The likes of Furman, Loy, Stanger, Ponroy are all ones for the future and were never going to be instant first team players and from what i've heard they are all doing well at u19 and reserve level.

The two so called big money signings in Clement and Sebo also had huge potential and I also still believe they will be big names for us in the future.

It's not going to be an instant fix but one I believe will benefit us for much longer.

Agree with Ian on this, if he brings in inexperience why not try our own youngsters like Furman, Stanger, Ponroy, N'Diaye, Ashokidi (sp).

The squad is crying out for experienced players and id like to see 1 or 2 bigger named players added in january whether it be permanent or loans