Who would you have as the next manager of Rangers?

bobby williamsons kilmarnock and hibs teams were excellent and he now finds himself an international manager. he has 4 trophies to his name so far as a manager. And these 4 trophies are? A Scottish cup with Killie and a trophy with Uganda. What are the other 2?

gus macpherson done a brilliant job with no money whatsoever at st mirren. he is the only st mirren manager in history to win a domestic double, winning the 1st division title and the league challenge cup in the same season. Come on! A bit of poetic license there. Domestic double :-)

butcher has done an unbelievable jobs at inverness. he has 1 trophy to his name with inverness. he also has a tremendous 40% win percentage winning more games than he has lost with a club with no money also. No he hasn't. We will agree to disagree on that one.

all 3 men had to work at clubs with a tiny fraction of the budget ally has had. we can look at mccoist if you want, just to compare, although i accept it isnt a fair comparison with ally having so much more to work with, he has a much easier job than what those 3 had.

ally mccoist. out of 6 competitions in 14 months with all knock outs coming against smaller clubs with a fraction of the budget ally has to work with. he has a 2nd place finish in a 2 horse race, basically last and no trophies to his name. it also took him until the end of october to get his first away win of the season in scotlands bottom tier.

so contrary to what you say, all 3 i named have plenty pedigree, certainly more than ally and all 3 have in actual fact been successful (no they haven't), unlike ally.

:thup:

I think you should have been a politician or spin doctor.

He also did an assassination 'kiss and tell' job on our kitman Jimmy Bell after he left concerning Mo Johnston. He made a hell of a lot of people within the Club pretty angry as there has always been an unwritten law that what goes on behind those walls stays behind there. You only had to look at his overboard celebrations on the park last night (all that 2 fingers up to the Heavens stuff and all that). I would NOT be happy to have the big shite back.

I think you should have been a politician or spin doctor.

he has won the cecafa 3 times. 2008/2009/2011.

why poetic license? it is a fact. he won two trophies. something ally will never do as a manager.

40% win percentage, winning more than he has lost, club with no money are all facts, how can you say no he hasnt? you cant argue against facts. he has been magnificent for inverness.

they have all been successful in their own respective positions. how can you say they havnt? they clearly have. clubs like killie, inverness, st mirren etc have completely different levels of success compared to the worlds most successful club.

He also did an assassination 'kiss and tell' job on our kitman Jimmy Bell after he left concerning Mo Johnston. He made a hell of a lot of people within the Club pretty angry as there has always been an unwritten law that what goes on behind those walls stays behind there. You only had to look at his overboard celebrations on the park last night (all that 2 fingers up to the Heavens stuff and all that). I would NOT be happy to have the big shite back.

ah so its personal against him. oh well.

Thoughts?

He's a fucking muppet.

That made me laugh :)

I am not a fan either, he said if Bolton go up it should still be down him and Freedman should just do what he did to go up!! Freedman said there will be changes right away and he'll do things a lot differently, says it all IMO.

Edited by johnnyk

ah so its personal against him. oh well.

The things he's said in the past and more recent shows how little respect he has for Rangers and our fans IMO. I would not welcome him to Ibrox and nor would most fans. Gus Macpherson or Williamson don't excite me either but both would be better than what we have now but not the answer IMO, if that makes sense.