Who would you have as the next manager of Rangers?

Someone untainted by Largs.

(Jose Mourinho being the exception that proves the rule)

Agree 100% , there was a debate a few years ago on talksport on coaching badges , the reason most went to largs was because of the speed and ease in gaining your UEFA licence , virtually no foreigners go to largs any more

What pedigree do any of them have other than - they have been trying to do it for a long time but never quite made a really good job anywhere?

I agree that these names shouldn't be thought about but IMO pedigree can be somewhat overrated. What pedigree did Pep Guardilla have before getting the Barca job? He was Barca B team manager for a year? What pedigree did Martinez have before taking the Swansea job? None

I agree that these names shouldn't be thought about but IMO pedigree can be somewhat overrated. What pedigree did Pep Guardilla have before getting the Barca job? He was Barca B team manager for a year? What pedigree did Martinez have before taking the Swansea job? None

To be honest it was more in response to Kusnetzov ruling everybody this side of the Zambezi River out of the reckoning apart from those 3. I suppose my question should have also included "compared to the others you have ruled out" e.g. Numan.

What pedigree do any of them have other than - they have been trying to do it for a long time but never quite made a really good job anywhere?

bobby williamsons kilmarnock and hibs teams were excellent and he now finds himself an international manager. he has 4 trophies to his name so far as a manager.

gus macpherson done a brilliant job with no money whatsoever at st mirren. he is the only st mirren manager in history to win a domestic double, winning the 1st division title and the league challenge cup in the same season.

butcher has done an unbelievable jobs at inverness. he has 1 trophy to his name with inverness. he also has a tremendous 40% win percentage winning more games than he has lost with a club with no money also.

all 3 men had to work at clubs with a tiny fraction of the budget ally has had. we can look at mccoist if you want, just to compare, although i accept it isnt a fair comparison with ally having so much more to work with, he has a much easier job than what those 3 had.

ally mccoist. out of 6 competitions in 14 months with all knock outs coming against smaller clubs with a fraction of the budget ally has to work with. he has a 2nd place finish in a 2 horse race, basically last and no trophies to his name. it also took him until the end of october to get his first away win of the season in scotlands bottom tier.

so contrary to what you say, all 3 i named have plenty pedigree, certainly more than ally and all 3 have in actual fact been successful, unlike ally.

:thup:

they have pedigree and we cant honestly be expected to do much better than those i named.

To be honest it was more in response to Kusnetzov ruling everybody this side of the Zambezi River out of the reckoning apart from those 3. I suppose my question should have also included "compared to the others you have ruled out" e.g. Numan.

numan has no club managerial experience.