Who would you have as the next manager of Rangers?

Im trying to stick to guys with no Rangers links. Another Id throw in the hat would be Alan Curbishley.

I wonder if Strachan could become the first manager to ever manage both Rangers and Celtic. All the Celtic stuff aside, how many would take him right now rather than McCoist?

Im trying to stick to guys with no Rangers links. Another Id throw in the hat would be Alan Curbishley.

I wonder if Strachan could become the first manager to ever manage both Rangers and Celtic. All the Celtic stuff aside, how many would take him right now rather than McCoist?

It's really hard to put all the Celtic stuff aside to be honest but, aye if Strachan had never been tainted by the darkside he would probably be capable of leading us back to the top, and getting the team playing good football...

Although he can be a bit of a prick in-front of the cameras.

His record as manager in England is not too impressive.

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

It's really hard to put all the Celtic stuff aside to be honest but, aye if Strachan had never been tainted by the darkside he would probably be capable of leading us back to the top, and getting the team playing good football...

Although he can be a bit of a prick in-front of the cameras.

His record as manager in England is not too impressive.

Neither was Walters record down south TBH.

When managers are pricks infront of cameras you cant take this as face value to what they are like. Wenger and Moyes are both different in front of cameras as to what they are like face to face. There managers like Mick McCarthy who is the what you see is what you get type.

Not really sure Strachan was tainted, he never had an Old Firm connection prior to going to Celtic so isnt a Celtic man as such.

Neither was Walters record down south TBH.

When managers are pricks infront of cameras you cant take this as face value to what they are like. Wenger and Moyes are both different in front of cameras as to what they are like face to face. There managers like Mick McCarthy who is the what you see is what you get type.

Not really sure Strachan was tainted, he never had an Old Firm connection prior to going to Celtic so isnt a Celtic man as such.

I think having an ex Celtic manager in the hot seat would take a lot of getting used to and is not a road I would like to see our club go down, although I admit that Strachen could do the job no problem.

Tainted by association :D

Would Strachan, Curbishley, de Boer, Laudrup etc be interested in coming to a Div 3 or 2 club? We need a young manager with fresh ideas but we gave McCoist that opportunity and he's wasting it. Let a manager learn his trade down south and, if successful, there's a risk he'll stay down there, like Lambert (just an example). He managed Livi, then moved to Wycombe, then Norwich then Villa.

It's a tough one to call.