King wants to invest again at end of season.

why would a tim show concern for rangers? they are more inclined to want ally knighted, certainly give him as much time as he needs to fail time after time, believe every word green says and speak no criticism of rangers whatsoever.

The mind of the tim works in strange ways.

Although i'll note again I wasn't accusing BoK of that or anything else.

I appreciate GN because I can get some information and well informed comment and debate. And there is a general sense of togetherness and empathy.

In recent weeks, GN has started to resemble some other places, and that I find a wee bit sad.

However, I can see that I should be contributing more rather than complaining.

Next post is about our young guns.

I appreciate GN because I can get some information and well informed comment and debate. And there is a general sense of togetherness and empathy.

In recent weeks, GN has started to resemble some other places, and that I find a wee bit sad.

However, I can see that I should be contributing more rather than complaining.

Next post is about our young guns.

I assume this is a reference to my post. I thought a while before posting it, and I felt I did enough to make it seem like a valid, balanced even if severe point.

However i'll remove it if i've offended anybody.

Don't remove your post STB. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, just as we all are.

The disappointing thing that seems to be happening more regular here is that we are arguing and mocking instead of debating. That's not healthy, we are all bears here.

So aye.. let's all hug and make up. I'm sure TheGunslinger will buy us all a pint ;)

P.S I don't have dreadlocks, I'm not vegetarian and I don't smoke weed. :P

Don't remove your post STB. That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, just as we all are.

The disappointing thing that seems to be happening more regular here is that we are arguing and mocking instead of debating. That's not healthy, we are all bears here.

So aye.. let's all hug and make up. I'm sure TheGunslinger will buy us all a pint ;)

P.S I don't have dreadlocks, I'm not vegetarian and I don't smoke weed. :P

It's been an emotive time so that explains the more heated discussion aspects, and it probably explains my own feelings.

For months all that could be talked about was finances and owners, i'm a pretty young fan and I got into Rangers because I was taken to watch the blue team on the park when still in primary school, so it was heatbreaking to see what we got reduced to.

We came through it to be back playing football and aiming to win trophies and that's what our club is all about, the biggest worry for us all i'm sure was never being able to see that again.

Now of course ownership and finances are still very relevant so these type of discussions will still happen and we need to remember it all in order to learn lessons. However, unlike a few months ago it certainly isn't the only thing to talk about concerning Rangers and whatever worries about the long term we aren't anticipating waking up in the morning and hearing the club is no more.

So I suppose I find it sad as much as anything that there's still fans who see this stuff as all that is worth discussing, I hoped BoK would shout we down somewhat but he as good as confirmed he doesn't see much point in talking about the team. I could even slightly understand it if we'd won every game by 6-10 goals and apart from celebratory posts there wasn't much to say, but we all know that's not been the case and on this forum there's a thread of about 170 pages discussing our manager's abilities and future, so clearly there's debate to be had.

Also sad because in theory it may never end and we may never fully move on, Green and co won't be here forever but if the next owners aren't the trustworthy Rangers men so many desire then what?

But I don't want anything misinterpreted and I wasn't being snidey, insulting, vindictive or trying to accuse anyone of being something they're not. But if i've upset people and am bringing down the tone of the forum it may be best I stay away from any ownership/finance related thread for a while.

Don't worry mate, my post wasn't directed at you or in fact anyone in particular. I just feel that recently there have been a lot of threads that have descended into snide remarks & mocking. It ruins the debate & I generally withdraw from discussions when it starts.

I agree that it's a bit strange that the threads with most interest usually have nothing to do with the team, but after the past 18 months the team has been in the background a lot in both the media & fans minds as our very existence was under threat.

Maybe we all need to chill out a little?

Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright. :flute:

well I'm still fuming at that Tom English article it wasn't even a little bit clever, and what sickens me is there are guys on here trying to justify it.

The anti-Green brigade (capital G) have someone operating in the media for them, and writing p***. Hurray!!!

Seems to be very acceptable nowadays for newspaper writers and tv folk to have a wee fly kick at us no matter what team they favour.

Now of course ownership and finances are still very relevant so these type of discussions will still happen and we need to remember it all in order to learn lessons. However, unlike a few months ago it certainly isn't the only thing to talk about concerning Rangers and whatever worries about the long term we aren't anticipating waking up in the morning and hearing the club is no more.

So I suppose I find it sad as much as anything that there's still fans who see this stuff as all that is worth discussing, I hoped BoK would shout we down somewhat but he as good as confirmed he doesn't see much point in talking about the team. I could even slightly understand it if we'd won every game by 6-10 goals and apart from celebratory posts there wasn't much to say, but we all know that's not been the case and on this forum there's a thread of about 170 pages discussing our manager's abilities and future, so clearly there's debate to be had.

Just as you find it "sad" that some fans still think financial matters and the probity of both the club itself and the owners are important factors and as relevant today as they've ever been there are many who think differently.

Personally unless there's a specific incident or two in a match that's worth talking about then the match thread has usually run it's course by the time I arrive home after the game, I see little value in contributing to the ad infinitum declarations that McCulloch/Cribari/Perry/Kyle who ever happens to be that days particular whipping boy are shite and that the manager hasn't got a clue. Others I concede take the opposite view as they're perfectly entitled to do, after all football forums such as this would be unbelievably boring places if they didn't contain a whole sphere of views and opinions.

Just as you find it "sad" that some fans still think financial matters and the probity of both the club itself and the owners are important factors and as relevant today as they've ever been there are many who think differently.

Personally unless there's a specific incident or two in a match that's worth talking about then the match thread has usually run it's course by the time I arrive home after the game, I see little value in contributing to the ad infinitum declarations that McCulloch/Cribari/Perry/Kyle who ever happens to be that days particular whipping boy are shite and that the manager hasn't got a clue. Others I concede take the opposite view as they're perfectly entitled to do, after all football forums such as this would be unbelievably boring places if they didn't contain a whole sphere of views and opinions.

I wasn't referring to you at all FS, seen you post plenty about the team, manager and other things i.e. the disabled facilities.

I'm referring to posters who have signed up recently and literally only ever talk about Charles Green, seen it on RM a few times as well. Maybe it's an old fashioned view that you sign up to a football forum to discuss football and issues surrounding it (of which financial matters are one) but that's why I just find it odd. Although in the end it's none of my business what people choose to talk about, I suppose I rather naively hoped we could move further on after surviving the summer.