King wants to invest again at end of season.

Firstly, it wasn't a promise.

Ok it was a lie not a promise.

Secondly, I believe his actual quote was that there would be £30m in the bank after the share issue, which hasn't happened yet. July was quoted before we were relegated and I'd say it would be fair to assume more time would be required to convince investors to purchase shares in a 3rd division club.

So it was premature and presumptuous too ?

It gives the Bayern merchandise a figure of merchandising of �38.9m (£31.8m).

Here's the latest scum figure re merchandise.

MERCHANDISING

Merchandising revenue for the year reached £13.3.m, this was down 6.9% on the previous year mainly due to fewer kit launches in the period (two in 2011/12, compared to three in 2010/11). However like- for- like retail store sales were 5% up on the previous year.

A range of commemorative products will be launched to tie in with the Club's 125th anniversary, supplementing the kit launches in the early summer and one that will take place during the Autumn.

As part of a rationalisation plan, the Edinburgh store was closed in January of this year at a break-point in the lease. The Glasgow Airport store has been relocated to a new landside location and continues to perform well.

I sincerely doubt the net profit figure is as much as the £4.8m nett we booked annually from the JJB deal.

JJB paid upfront & it worked out at 3m per season.

Re: Greens share issue comments. You can't know if it was a lie yet until after the share issue happens. & I think you are being unreasonable to disregard the fact that July saw us relegated.

JJB paid upfront & it worked out at 3m per season.

It was booked at £4.8m per annum £3m + £1.8m in fact the way things have panned out it was worth probably nearer £6m per annum.

Re: Greens share issue comments. You can't know if it was a lie yet until after the share issue happens. & I think you are being unreasonable to disregard the fact that July saw us relegated.

Unreasonable moi ? :surprised: pedantic perhaps.....:ninja:

How CG succeeds in improving us commercially will go a long way to determine how successful his stewardship is. Murray abandoned ship long ago and we were drifting on & off the park. Then of course we had Whyte who should never have got the club in the first instance IMO.

At least we're now seeing signs of people in charge who are prepared to fight our corner with our enemies & trying to improve our commercial performance which hasn't been great over the past few years if we're honest.

Also if Dave King wants to become involved again by investing then why not ? he's a real Rangers man like all of us on here. He's winning his battles with SARS as he said he would. Don't listen to the negativity about him from the usual sources after all THEY have one of the biggest tax-avoiders on the planet in DD as a major shareholder

Edited by RANGERRAB

Here's a question.....

Some folk are up in arms about investors getting paid a dividend for their investment.....Dave King has said he'd want a seat on the board.

What would be the preferred choice for folk on here??? Give me a return on my money....or a say in how the club is run???

Here's a question.....

Some folk are up in arms about investors getting paid a dividend for their investment.....Dave King has said he'd want a seat on the board.

What would be the preferred choice for folk on here??? Give me a return on my money....or a say in how the club is run???

interesting question. would he not be automatically entitled to a dividend if he was on the board anyway? to answer your question, for me it would depend just how wise or daft that say is like, how ambitious is king? does he want the club to go where i want it to? do we share the same expectations?

interesting question. would he not be automatically entitled to a dividend if he was on the board anyway? to answer your question, for me it would depend just how wise or daft that say is like, how ambitious is king? does he want the club to go where i want it to? do we share the same expectations?

With regard King on the board.....remember he was already on the board for a good few years. I have no idea if he took any remuneration for the post, but his influence appeared negligible. He may be looking for something similar, but does the club REALLY need that??? I feel that they need folk on the board who have something to offer the club, other than a hard cash input.

If an independent investor comes in, with the promise of some financial return if the "business" is doing well, that will then encourage the board to do things right - or they have investors/shareholders on their backs.

Everyone wants CG to be clear about where he's taking the club...the same should be asked of King!!!