Rangers Adidas Deal

green in the quarry reminds me of whyte meeting the vb. that didnt work out too well for either party.

Not sure i understand your point. Green is far removed from Whyte and has made good a number of things he said he would.

Btw ... (11 pager on FF now)

got a text from a mate who works for a large sportswear manufacturer telling me rangers have signed a 5 year kit deal with macron, the italian outfit who sponsor villa, west ham, napoli et al, that could be worth up to 15m with add ons and will be announced imminently.

Starting next year, 2.5 for two years with uplifts based on market exposure and sales.

"got a text from a mate who works for a large sportswear manufacturer telling me rangers have signed a 5 year kit deal with macron, the italian outfit who sponsor villa, west ham, napoli et al, that could be worth up to 15m with add ons and will be announced imminently.

Starting next year, 2.5 for two years with uplifts based on market exposure and sales"

If this is true it seems like a decent deal considering where we are at the mo. Macron may not have the Nike/Adidas profile but i suppose money talks...

"got a text from a mate who works for a large sportswear manufacturer telling me rangers have signed a 5 year kit deal with macron' date=' the italian outfit who sponsor villa, west ham, napoli et al, that could be worth up to 15m with add ons and will be announced imminently.

Starting next year, 2.5 for two years with uplifts based on market exposure and sales"[/b']

If this is true it seems like a decent deal considering where we are at the mo. Macron may not have the Nike/Adidas profile but i suppose money talks...

Saying that... to totally contradict my first post...maybe much of these figures are based on sales? If we have a product that fans consider cheap/poor they might not buy it in the same numbers as a Rangers /Adidas tie in for example?

If CG is serious about international branding opportunities, then we need to go with Adidas! In my mind, Puma would be a poor second and anything outside of these options will not achieve the original objective. Any monetary advantage in the short term should almost be irrelevant, particularly as we are basically debt free and have had the successful share offering. We need to take a longer term view and look to establish Rangers as an international brand, which is going to be difficult enough for as long as we continue playing in the Scottish leagues.

Find it rather ironic that Green gets lambasted on here when he starts talking about raising or worldwide exposure as nothing but soundbite crap and it can't be done nobody in China America wants to buy our tops. But suddenly if he doesn't sign for Addicrap and yes a lot of their tops are shit and all look the same except for the colour change (boring) then he isn't expanding our worldwide appeal. Make up your mind chaps.