Possible move south for Rangers?

Guest DavieBlue

I'm really quite surprised at those results. Pleasantly surprised I'd add. I thought they'd be a lot of opposition from clubs who might not fancy a large, well supported, geographically distant competitor. It really does change the complexion of things doesn't it. The FIFA thing is still a huge stumbling block but it moves things on a step or two in some people's minds. I think SPL clubs will be secretly terrified by this development.

I'm really quite surprised at those results. Pleasantly surprised I'd add. I thought they'd be a lot of opposition from clubs who might not fancy a large, well supported, geographically distant competitor. It really does change the complexion of things doesn't it. The FIFA thing is still a huge stumbling block but it moves things on a step or two in some people's minds. I think SPL clubs will be secretly terrified by this development.

There were other clubs contacting the show on air to say it was a 'Yes' from them, but I didn't catch who as I was just getting into the car. They were all talking about Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham and Berwick as precedents with regard to the FIFA stumbling block, and the Belgian\Dutch cross border ladies league. This is the first one that definitely has legs, and was delivered straight from the conference chairman who voiced his approval.

If we did go into this 'Blue Square League' how many years would it take to reach the EPL if we won promotion every season?

it would be four seasons *if* we won promotion every season - but to be honest, I reckon we'd be lucky to get out of the Championship within two seasons, far less one. Even so, if we could have the prospect of playing Arsenal, ManUtd and Newcastle after even 6 years, I reckon 90% of us would jump at it.