Naming Rights Deal Close

And we thrived as a fanbase without them.

They'll be plenty of hot air from some then it'll blow over.

did we? since the mid to late 90's apathy amongst our fanbase has seen us become a doormat for scottish football and its media. factions and several different fans groups all looking after their own agendas. i dont recall us ever thriving as a fanbase in the last 20 years. i have seen us divided by those who wish to bow to pressure from outside forces to change our ways.

http://rangers.co.uk...ld-expand-ibrox

CHARLES GREEN has revealed he has discussed the idea of expanding the capacity of Ibrox Stadium with manager Ally McCoist.

At present, the 51,082 seats inside the ground are serving supporters well, with a number of games there close to selling out completely this season.

Demand to see Rangers in action is high despite the club’s move from the SPL to the Third Division over the summer as fans continue to give phenomenal backing to the team.

Green expects that hunger to increase as the Light Blues move through the leagues and hopefully take their place back at the top of the Scottish game and in European competition.

There are no concrete plans in place to develop Ibrox further at present but the chief executive has ideas of how it could be enhanced.

And he said: “It’s for further down the line but it’s a discussion I’ve had with Ally. He knows this club significantly better than I do.

“He said: ‘Look Charles, if you can achieve your dream and consistently deliver Champions League football and get into the last 16, this stadium is not big enough’.

“Even when I wasn’t at Rangers, I saw the turnout when you all went to Manchester so I do know what is behind this club.

“One of the reasons for bringing institutional investors into Ibrox is if and when we get to that position – as I’m confident we will – those are discussions this board will happily have.

“The way the ground is configured, there is a great opportunity to fill in the two corners and put another Club Deck on the Govan Stand.

“That would substantially increase the stadium’s capacity and we wouldn’t be frightened of doing that once we know we’ve the demand. The top league in Europe would deliver that.”

Another reason to add extra seats would be if the current season ticket figure of just over 38,000 was to rise significantly.

Green thinks that’s a possibility after he spoke last night at a fans meeting of the fact 9,000 fans who had seats last term didn’t buy them again for this campaign.

He understands the reasons for that and is hopeful at least some of those supporters can be encouraged to come back to Ibrox for 2013/14.

Green added: “The season tickets went on sale so late that some of those people had spent their money and unashamedly, some people don’t have the cash available.

“They might have kept the cash for normal season ticket sales in May or June but they didn’t go on sale until August.

“During that summer period, people might have had bills to pay, expenses, holidays, shoes for the kids and school uniforms to buy.

“All of those things are a challenge for families today as cash is tight so they spent their money.

“We will be on the mark this year and we’ll be putting season tickets out early once we know what league we are going to be in. Hopefully we’ll know that before the end of this season.

“The reality is when we analyse the database that there are 9,000 people who had tickets previously and didn’t renew.

“I actually see that as a positive. I understand why those people might not have bought and there would have people doubting me too. They still weren’t sure about me.

“I would hope by next season those doubts have disappeared. They might not like me but they shouldn’t doubt me and I can live with that.

“I think 9,000 people will come back to the club. We’ve sold 38,000 season tickets this year, our highest in the last three years, and that is amazing.

“If we can bring in 50 per cent of that 9,000 it would be amazing. If we can bring it all back then who would have more season tickets in the UK? Not many.”

did we? since the mid to late 90's apathy amongst our fanbase has seen us become a doormat for scottish football and its media. factions and several different fans groups all looking after their own agendas. i dont recall us ever thriving as a fanbase in the last 20 years. i have seen us divided by those who wish to bow to pressure from outside forces to change our ways.

David Murray with his dignified silence is to blame for that.

http://rangers.co.uk...ld-expand-ibrox

CHARLES GREEN has revealed he has discussed the idea of expanding the capacity of Ibrox Stadium with manager Ally McCoist.

At present, the 51,082 seats inside the ground are serving supporters well, with a number of games there close to selling out completely this season.

Demand to see Rangers in action is high despite the club’s move from the SPL to the Third Division over the summer as fans continue to give phenomenal backing to the team.

Green expects that hunger to increase as the Light Blues move through the leagues and hopefully take their place back at the top of the Scottish game and in European competition.

There are no concrete plans in place to develop Ibrox further at present but the chief executive has ideas of how it could be enhanced.

And he said: “It’s for further down the line but it’s a discussion I’ve had with Ally. He knows this club significantly better than I do.

“He said: ‘Look Charles, if you can achieve your dream and consistently deliver Champions League football and get into the last 16, this stadium is not big enough’.

“Even when I wasn’t at Rangers, I saw the turnout when you all went to Manchester so I do know what is behind this club.

“One of the reasons for bringing institutional investors into Ibrox is if and when we get to that position – as I’m confident we will – those are discussions this board will happily have.

“The way the ground is configured, there is a great opportunity to fill in the two corners and put another Club Deck on the Govan Stand.

“That would substantially increase the stadium’s capacity and we wouldn’t be frightened of doing that once we know we’ve the demand. The top league in Europe would deliver that.”

Another reason to add extra seats would be if the current season ticket figure of just over 38,000 was to rise significantly.

Green thinks that’s a possibility after he spoke last night at a fans meeting of the fact 9,000 fans who had seats last term didn’t buy them again for this campaign.

He understands the reasons for that and is hopeful at least some of those supporters can be encouraged to come back to Ibrox for 2013/14.

Green added: “The season tickets went on sale so late that some of those people had spent their money and unashamedly, some people don’t have the cash available.

“They might have kept the cash for normal season ticket sales in May or June but they didn’t go on sale until August.

“During that summer period, people might have had bills to pay, expenses, holidays, shoes for the kids and school uniforms to buy.

“All of those things are a challenge for families today as cash is tight so they spent their money.

“We will be on the mark this year and we’ll be putting season tickets out early once we know what league we are going to be in. Hopefully we’ll know that before the end of this season.

“The reality is when we analyse the database that there are 9,000 people who had tickets previously and didn’t renew.

“I actually see that as a positive. I understand why those people might not have bought and there would have people doubting me too. They still weren’t sure about me.

“I would hope by next season those doubts have disappeared. They might not like me but they shouldn’t doubt me and I can live with that.

“I think 9,000 people will come back to the club. We’ve sold 38,000 season tickets this year, our highest in the last three years, and that is amazing.

“If we can bring in 50 per cent of that 9,000 it would be amazing. If we can bring it all back then who would have more season tickets in the UK? Not many.”

now he's talking about talking about action.

action in a few years of course. not now.

I'm for a name change under one condition. We don't Change the name every 5 years. It then just gets silly. To us it'll Always be Ibrox. Even the younger generation coming through will have the history explained.

There's multipurpose stadia here in OZ that have had about 3 or 4 different names since they were built 10 years ago. As long as that doesn't happen I can live with it.

I'm for a name change under one condition. We don't Change the name every 5 years. It then just gets silly. To us it'll Always be Ibrox. Even the younger generation coming through will have the history explained.

There's multipurpose stadia here in OZ that have had about 3 or 4 different names since they were built 10 years ago. As long as that doesn't happen I can live with it.

That's part of the problem Dan. We can't sell the naming rights on a long term deal just now because the advertising value to potential buyers is low due to the club's circumstances being in Division 3 with no chance of European football for several years. On top of that, potential buyers aren't going to be willing to give us a really good 15 or 20 year deal worth what our stadium naming rights should really be worth just on a promise that we're going to get back to the top and be playing in Europe in 3/4 years time or whatever the forecast is.

He's already said it will be on a yearly contact.

They could call it the willie wonks umps lumps stadium for all I care , it IS and ALWAYS will be IBROX to me , what part of that doesn't everyone get , why should we be different from the rest of the world , we want to get the best and be better , we are in a market where every penny is precious , get over it people