Strachan to pick Rangers' Lee Wallace in first Scotland squad

Fair play to Strachan then, although he's not one to appease people against his own train of thought.

I would hate for us as a support to be against ANY of our players playing for their national team, whichever team it is. It's a personal decision, not ours to make.

I am pleased for Wallace as it was looking as if he had lost the chance to play for his country by choosing to stay with us.

At one time Rangers fans were the backbone of the Scotland support. I am willing to give Strachan my support. Many of us have given up on supporting Scotland (myself included) for varying reasons but I am more up for taking on my enemies these days and will start afresh with the Scotland team. Why should we hand over the national team to these people?

All this paranoia and bitterness doesn't do me any good and for me there are more important battles to be fought.

Can't follow that line of thought. Players are chosen by current form and ability, not the league they are playing in. The Scots will be playing Estonia, not Spain or France ... though even that would not matter. Bardsley (ain't he a right-back?) has played 10 games in total this season.

Guardian

Yes, it will be the trolls that usually inhabit Pittodrie, folk who seek just another excuse to have a go at a Rangers player.

its hard to judge form when your not comparing like for like.

a player playing well in the epl is always doing better than one playing well in sfl3.

its hard to judge form when your not comparing like for like.

a player playing well in the epl is always doing better than one playing well in sfl3.

My point is that I don't think that half a year in the SFL 3 has made Wallace a worse footballer. He was international class these last few years and where he plays right now has not much of an influence on that.

No brainer. Easily the best Scottish left back just now.

I agree.

Danny Fox isnt as good as Wallace, regardless of level they are playing at.

Lets not forget that Wallace was the best Scottish LB last season when playing in the SPL. And comfortably so. He hasnt lost any of his abilities whilst playing with us, although at times may be playing within himself, but I dont see that as a problem because he has seemed to me to be the type that can raise his game as and when he chooses and playing for his country undoubtedly he will want to prove to Strachan that he should be 1st pick regardless of the league his club plays in.

My point is that I don't think that half a year in the SFL 3 has made Wallace a worse footballer. He was international class these last few years and where he plays right now has not much of an influence on that.

yeah he was down the pecking order even then though.