how do we attract players and who?

we are in the bottom tier and will most likely be next year again. will players see that as a challenge? will they be tempted by the crazy wages we are willing to pay? will this attract more mercenaries than actual footballers with ambition? is our current style of play off putting to any new players? will anyone want to play for a manager who doesnt know how to do his job and lacks discipline or will they see it as easy money? just how do we sell our club to prospective new players and who can we realistically go for?

one thing is for sure, we need an injection of quality as soon as possible. i understand the embargo will make things harder but am i right in thinking players can be signed at any time and then registered for the new season on the last day of the summer transfer window?

looking at what we have, i wouldnt keep many of them but i know we are not going to have a huge turnaround in playing staff, its just not possible.

i think we need a new gk, i would rip up alexander extension offer of £10k a week and give it to a younger guy who would command a fraction of that money.

i think we badly need a new right back. the greek is dreadful and all centre halfs shoe-horned there have looked rotten.

i think we need 2 new centre backs, despite me thinking the defence is the least of our worries, yesterday showed me just how poor we are there against a higher level of opponent. i have saw lower league defenders through the years playing against higher level opposition look more comfortable than both of those lads we had there yesterday.

i think we need 2 centre midfielders. one to partner macleod and one to challenge both first team centre mids. black is a dud and hutton doesnt excite me. we badly need guile, skill and class in the middle. i refuse to accept good footballers cant play in division 3, that is nonsense.

i also think we need 2 new strikers, badly, jig is on his very last legs, sandaza is very poor, shiels is dreadful and the manager refuses to play our best striker up front.

i make that about 6 or 7 players we need for next season. so who and how do we get them? or are we just going to go with the uncertainty excuse and take the lazy, easy way out.

We should be looking at guys in the conference league as there's gems down there. It's a better standard than div 3. Young lads playing in conference have been thrown on the scrapheap by clubs.

But we also need a manager that is going to let our youngsters express themselves and build around them,kind of like what Advocat did with Barry.

We need a shape and formation, with a way of playing football. This should be throughout the whole Club, from Youth teams upwards.

I think this is more important than what players we can attract.

i agree with this but that alone wont satisfy our fans hunger for success in the short term. our kids need help.

Step one would be to get rid of Curly, Larry and Moe and bring in a coaching team in which any prospective signing would be confident that they would improve as a player otherwise you're left with journeymen looking for a last fat wage packet.

this thread could top the mccoist one and there wont be a better post than this one.

We need two CB's & MF creativity as a starter. In all honesty we're not going to find these players in Scotland. That's why we need a proper global scouting system which doesn't have Neil Murray as chief scout.

If rumours are true there's 2 players in the SPL who are running down their contracts & are joining us next season on SEPT1. No idea who they are.