Keith Jackson in today's record

Regarding the article, he caters to the blame game that is running at its premium these days.

Cast your mind back half a year - when we were bordering on extinction - and remind yourself of your targets for the campaign.

PROMOTION

Everything else was and is a bonus. We - as predicted ... and now belittled - walk through the Third, 20odd points clear and with the restruction-wrangle rambling on well on our way to promotion. Then comes a season's low - as it usually happens, if you cast your mind back (and no matter which team and manager) - and suddenly we all unravel. All goes bust, Ally's no manager, Cribari, Black and Co. no footballers.

YES, things could be much better. Things can always be better and we were demanding "better" from our people for decades. But we also need to keep our feet on the ground too. No-one is happy with the recent performances, but neither will these performances by default continue till eternity. For while forecast a dozen times in the past, things always changed and will change. Be that players, managers, or performances.

We need to do better and get better. But starting the good old and very vogue "blame game" and jump on the bandwaggon will not get Rangers FC forward. But it will sure keep us in a miserable state of mind for as long as people like Jackson and Co. want.

Have to agree with a lot of the article.

The football side is a mess.

He's correct the footballing side is a shambles and the only ones not to see it are the 3 stooges

But on the other hand if he thinks the anger and resentment is going to go away and I can only speak for this bear , he can forget it

I'm sorry DB but I don't consider some enjoyable football and not looking like amateurs against top flight sides to be a bonus.

This looking like amateurs against top sides stuff is rubbish. If you tell it long enough, you will probably believe it. We conceeded worse goals (in years gone by) before, had we scored them, we'd all be extatic. Classy cup strikes and hardly anything to do with us being as dire and poor as some would like to portray us.

but neither will these performances by default continue till eternity.

The team has generally been under performing for a while now. As a team, we have been "grinding out" far too many results - even with a higher standard of player.

to me, this points to some kind of back-room/off field issue. As I have stated in a previous thread, I don't know what the exact problem is, and I have even less of an idea how to fix it, but it certainly appears to be something rooted in the off-field setup.

We are a full time professional club, that is being made to look mediocre by a number of part-time teams and other teams over the years who we should be beating reasonably comfortable. The opposition is no longer scared of playing us - they believe they have a chance to take points every time we play.

I read/heard a quote somewhere "He who fears death, will surly meet it"....I get the impression that all too often we are fearing defeat and as such we struggle to dominate & ultimately conquer. This is an attitude that MUST be worked on during training (amongst other things)

I'm not sure we could play any worse. some of our results have came about because div3 teams miss chances and make mistakes at the back but they have outplayed us.

I suspect most if not all third div teams would have given utd a harder game than we did or at very least have matched utd for desire and effort.

This looking like amateurs against top sides stuff is rubbish. If you tell it long enough, you will probably believe it. We conceeded worse goals (in years gone by) before, had we scored them, we'd all be extatic. Classy cup strikes and hardly anything to do with us being as dire and poor as some would like to portray us.

We were brutal on Saturday, even when we had some spells of possession the players looked clueless how to do anything with it. Dundee Utd actually looked like they had some gears to go up.

One of our fellow third division teams couldn't have put up less of a fight to say the least.

he's spot on imho.

oh and Murray and green having problems isn't a good sign though it depends what the issue is. I will reserve judgement on that on but Murray was the rangers man brought in to give green a degree of trust.

manslaugher thinks its to do with investors wanting their return either early or in greater dollar than first promised.