Keith Jackson in today's record

The article is easily enough swatted aside once we realise it's old news rehashed and hyped up into scaremongering. We dont need journos to tell us what a mess was created by the mass exodus of players and the last minute rush to get replacements. We knew all this back in August last year.

As for Green he has allready set out the plans for the Rangers which included getting us back to the top flight but within our means rather than the borrow and spend tactics of previuous regimes. He has also stated that he wants the club to exploit it's potential for sponsorships. His plans are pretty much par for the course for any major club with serious ambitions.

It seems however, that it is Charles Green, and only Charles Green, who does "soundbites" or "appeases the fans" all other clubs appear to just make statements. Just more anti-Rangers media spin methinks.

If we're living within our means, why are we running at a loss? How will that translate to us going through the leagues towards European football when a team full of SPL players seems to struggle too often?

Of course other CEOs patronise their fans with soundbites - CG isn't any different in that respect but I had hoped by now we'd know more about where he was taking us. After all, we're not playing in the SPL again he says. Where then? We're supposed to be buying Edmiston House. We haven't. We've yet to hear more on sponsorship of the shirt and stadium. What's happening with our youth system? What happens when key investors want to sell up - what timeline have they given? Why are people in the media permitted to rip the proverbial on a daily basis?

I think there's plenty to have a healthy cynicism of. Doesn't make anyone any less of a bear to question a variety of issues.

If we're living within our means, why are we running at a loss? How will that translate to us going through the leagues towards European football when a team full of SPL players seems to struggle too often?

We don't have that and European football is 3 to 4 years away (we need 3 yeasr of accounts). And while all the moaning and groaning about the current performances are well merited, I start getting sick and tired of people telling the rest that we struggle. Yes, we bowed out against ICT in a pretty woeful way. We lost out to QOS after they snatched an off-side goal 4 minutes into injury time from a player that should have been sent off. We failed to beat a SPL team in the SFA Cup when we are probably at the low-point of our form this season. YET, the thing that counted and counts is the league. 22 games, 16 wins, 5, draws, 1 defeat. People life in cloud kuckoo land if they think that our ragtag band of average-to-decent SPL "stars" and youngsters would run through the season unbeaten and with fine displays throughout the 10 months of the season. We are not happy about the performances, how can we. But we should keep our feet on the ground nonetheless.

Regarding the loss, we need to see the accounts to know what he is talking about. Methinks the admins once produced a monthly bill, perhaps someone can dig this up?

Why are people in the media permitted to rip the proverbial on a daily basis?

That is something we need to adress indeed. Wonder why we hired Traynor when idiots like Lecki, Jackson, Scrote and Co. can go on unmolested.

Edited by der Berliner

you could pay the whole of the sfl3 with the money our management team earns.

not only are the results unacceptable the quality of performance is utterly abysmal. the rest of the sfl seems to have little problem keeping the ball and playing football. why do we?

Interesting to listen to JT on Clyde on the players. He was basically saying it was the best we could get at the time. Individually the SPL players are good enough in an SPL team but collectively they are not good enough.

i refuse to accept or believe that, it cannot possibly be true. traynor has no idea who was offered or what was available in the summer or indeed who else wanted to come to our club. he is poorly trying to defend the management team.

We don't have that and European football is 3 to 4 years away (we need 3 yeasr of accounts). And while all the moaning and groaning about the current performances are well merited, I start getting sick and tired of people telling the rest that we struggle. Yes, we bowed out against ICT in a pretty woeful way. We lost out to QOS after they snatched an off-side goal 4 minutes into injury time from a player that should have been sent off. We failed to beat a SPL team in the SFA Cup when we are probably at the low-point of our form this season. YET, the thing that counted and counts is the league. 22 games, 16 wins, 5, draws, 1 defeat. People life in cloud kuckoo land if they think that our ragtag band of average-to-decent SPL "stars" and youngsters would run through the season unbeaten and with fine displays throughout the 10 months of the season. We are not happy about the performances, how can we. But we should keep our feet on the ground nonetheless.

Regarding the loss, we need to see the accounts to know what he is talking about. Methinks the admins once produced a monthly bill, perhaps someone can dig this up?

That is something we need to adress indeed. Wonder why we hired Traynor when idiots like Lecki, Jackson, Scrote and Co. can go on unmolested.

I know Euro football is at least 3 years away so what are Green et al doing to bridge the financial gap in the interim? Or is that why we've raised £20odd million via shares to pay for the 4 year shortfall? We don't know because we don't know what projects the money is going to.

As for the results, yes the results haven't been all that bad but the performances have not been good enough - other than a decent period before Xmas and one excellent game against Motherwell. I don't mind saying that's understandable given the squad changes and relative inexperience of some players but it's the lack of genuine improvement that's the real worry.

The Dundee Utd game I'm prepared to ignore as despite it being said we have SPL quality players, not playing at that level each week means we were never going to be as sharp as the game was played at a different pace to what we've been used to in SFL3. However, that doesn't explain why we can't raise our game in that league each week and aim to play at a higher level.

Instead we seem to lack quality and, IMHO, that comes directly from questionable coaching which has been a worry under McCoist and his team. I also worry about the desire of some players.

The Dundee Utd game I'm prepared to ignore as despite it being said we have SPL quality players, not playing at that level each week means we were never going to be as sharp as the game was played at a different pace to what we've been used to in SFL3.

Yet folk were up in arms when Craig Levein stated that due to playing in Div3 & therefore at a lower quality, he wouldn't pick Lee Wallace. Many folk complained that dropping down the leagues doesn't automatically make you a bad player....now though, folk are using it as an excuse as to why top SPL performers from last season aren't playing well.....

Yet folk were up in arms when Craig Levein stated that due to playing in Div3 & therefore at a lower quality, he wouldn't pick Lee Wallace. Many folk complained that dropping down the leagues doesn't automatically make you a bad player....now though, folk are using it as an excuse as to why top SPL performers from last season aren't playing well.....

Craig Levein couldn't pick his nose, let alone a proper Scotland team.

Lee Wallace, regardless of the league he is playing in, is one of the best in Scotland. Unfortunately he's surround by players of inferior quality. He is not the issue here and I'm glad Strachan called him up.

Instead we seem to lack quality and, IMHO, that comes directly from questionable coaching which has been a worry under McCoist and his team. I also worry about the desire of some players.

I agree on the quality part - despite a Templeton here and a Wallace there. And while I am at it, methinks it is time to show some respect to the people playing football in the SFL. Hardly anyone on here was probably aware about the standard of football being played there and if people would come down from what they expect (probably based on EPL stuff or the like), they would recognize that it far from being "poor". I've seen far worse in BL 3 ...

I disagree on the coaching. It is IMHO a vogue theme to bash the management and coaching, of both we have essentially nothing to judge upon but the match performances. As soon as they drop in standard, the blame game starts. Ally has to, Ally should, ... what? At the end of the day he picks the players he deems suitable for the job. We would have 2.390 different line-ups each Saturday if 2.389 people had a say. And 2.380 will say that McCoist's choice was rubbish. That has always been the case with managers, and always will be. Still, he cannot do much if the players on the park fail to do the job properly, for he simply hasn't got the personnel to make the massive changes "we" require. Whether that will change in September remains to be seen.

As for the desire ... half of the squad was mentally drained from February 2012 onwards. Playing in the Third was surely not exulting either, but the fans drove most of them on. Now it looks that with the Divi 3 title virtually secured and the authorities looking to make any game from now on even less meaningful, do we expect that the players will show greater desire than necessary on the park. Or in other words, would you at work?

This is no excuse, just a pretty common occurance. IMHO, each chap putting on the jersey of our club should be raring to go and give his heart an health for the sake of the club. Yet, we all should have learned by now that only very few footballers "work" that way and accept it - albeit grudgingly - as normal. And hardly any manager that there is on this planet will be able to change that.

throw ins, corners and especially free kicks all abysmal. points to extremely poor coaching. free kicks especially a sore one as it is such an important part of the game which we completely neglect. too much of our football is about just turning up and hoping something happens instead of making it happen. there is no thought to it, no ideas, nothing different.

Edited by kuznetsov