Keith Jackson in today's record

Craig Levein couldn't pick his nose, let alone a proper Scotland team.

Lee Wallace, regardless of the league he is playing in, is one of the best in Scotland. Unfortunately he's surround by players of inferior quality. He is not the issue here and I'm glad Strachan called him up.

can't disagreed with those points....however when Levein made his comments, folk on here were up in arms claiming (rightly) that Wallace was possibly the best LB in the country and that the league he plays in should have no bearing. Now though, folk are saying that because we are in Div 3, and therefore a lower standard of football, that is why the players are under performing, and therefore agreeing 100% with what Levein originally said - we can't have it both ways!!!

A number of players that we bought were performing well in the SPL, they don't become bad players overnight due to the standard of opposition. Good players in a bad league, doesn't make them bad players.

I blame the coaching because it's obvious we lack any skill or application in certain areas.

Our attacking set pieces are woeful (corners, free kicks and throw ins), our passing suspect under any sort of pressure (and sometimes not) and our shooting dreadful. Now that can be put down to the quality of individual players but appear to lack any sort of spark in these vital areas.

Do you honestly think we ever look like we're going to score at a corner? Or is it more a case that whatever player (including Templeton by the way) actually gets the ball past the first man for a change? These issues aren't new by the way but have been evident for long enough - even Steven Davis struggled to take a decent set-piece.

Finally I'm not decrying to efforts of the other SFL3 teams - some of which have been quite impressive. But that's simply more reason for questioning why they're able to do some of the basics we can't. That's not being negative just for the sake of it but a valid criticism of a problem that has been years in the making. Add in the training, health and dietary facilities at our disposal then it's really unforgivable.

Edited by Frankie

can't disagreed with those points....however when Levein made his comments, folk on here were up in arms claiming (rightly) that Wallace was possibly the best LB in the country and that the league he plays in should have no bearing. Now though, folk are saying that because we are in Div 3, and therefore a lower standard of football, that is why the players are under performing, and therefore agreeing 100% with what Levein originally said - we can't have it both ways!!!

A number of players that we bought were performing well in the SPL, they don't become bad players overnight due to the standard of opposition. Good players in a bad league, doesn't make them bad players.

A point of order, sir. ;)

I've actually always maintained that Wallace is actually pretty average and over-rated by some. I think he's a decent player going forward (though his final ball can be poor) but defensively he can struggle (though usually covers well).

I think it is a valid point to ask if players can step up from SFL3 to play well at a higher level. Perhaps for the odd one-off game yes but a decent calibre of opposition will expose you more often than not.

I think the problem may lie with the team/family aspect. I don't see/feel that so much, as I have with Rangers teams of the past. The togetherness just doesn't seem to be there.

Maybe Ally is feeling uninspired himself? Who knows, but to me it doesn't feel the same as teams in the past.

I DO think lack of experience accounts for a fair bit, with the younger lads.

I'm willing to give us this season. It's an odd one. Lowest division, illegal transfer ban, the whole of Rangers pretty much turned on it's head. This is the season I've chilled out a bit, I know it doesn't look great but to be honest, I didn't expect it to.

next season I expect a lot more from all. No place to hide.

I have been critical of our non shape/formation/tactics etc for months now, which must be laid at the feet of Management.

But what type of player have we signed, the likes of Templeton, Sheils, Black, Sandaza, have all landed up at Rangers because of the money. You have to ask are they up for the fight, do they have the correct attitude and commitment. I would much rather have the likes of McKay or Crawford giving 100%, than watch Sheils playing well below his capabilities.

All four have shown signs of their potential but have struggled for one reason or another for consistency.

Those guys are good players and can take us back to the top league but it's up to the manager to get the best from them. I really don't understand why Templeton was moved from playing a more central 'free' role to the wing where he seems less effective. In saying that, over the last few games he seems to want to showboat instead of concentrating on beating his man properly.

Shiels has been the biggest disappointment for me and the 'hole' is also arguably his favoured position which makes it a difficult selection process for the manager.

I know Euro football is at least 3 years away so what are Green et al doing to bridge the financial gap in the interim? Or is that why we've raised £20odd million via shares to pay for the 4 year shortfall? We don't know because we don't know what projects the money is going to.

I'd like to know more about the state of the club finances too and what the realistic projections are. I can live with a small loss for the season given that oldco football debts could tip the balance, but someone came on here the other day saying the projected loss is £10m and if it's anywhere near that amount I think there's good cause to be worried. Given that Green is open to speaking to fans on a regular basis, we need to get some solid info out of him about the current and projected finances, minus the moonbeams.

I'd like to know more about the state of the club finances too and what the realistic projections are. I can live with a small loss for the season given that oldco football debts could tip the balance, but someone came on here the other day saying the projected loss is £10m and if it's anywhere near that amount I think there's good cause to be worried. Given that Green is open to speaking to fans on a regular basis, we need to get some solid info out of him about the current and projected finances, minus the moonbeams.

The first set of accounts will reveal all won't they?

If we're living within our means, why are we running at a loss? How will that translate to us going through the leagues towards European football when a team full of SPL players seems to struggle too often?

Of course other CEOs patronise their fans with soundbites - CG isn't any different in that respect but I had hoped by now we'd know more about where he was taking us. After all, we're not playing in the SPL again he says. Where then? We're supposed to be buying Edmiston House. We haven't. We've yet to hear more on sponsorship of the shirt and stadium. What's happening with our youth system? What happens when key investors want to sell up - what timeline have they given? Why are people in the media permitted to rip the proverbial on a daily basis?

I think there's plenty to have a healthy cynicism of. Doesn't make anyone any less of a bear to question a variety of issues.

It certainly doesn't Franke.

I don't deny the validity of your points, I just think it's as simple as giving things some time. Green can mouth a bit but that can be an advantage in some situations and if that's the worst of him it's a hell of a lot better than Whyte not paying the bills. I realise situations can't drag out forever before you have to get very cynical but I don't think that time has come yet, we only had the share issue in December and the first few months of this regime were all about sorting out our footballing future and getting fans to come back.

I do wonder if the on the park shambles is linked to people starting to lose patience with the club overall including Green etc.