Keith Jackson in today's record

Ally told him it was needed, Green not knowing about Scottish Football back then would be in a limited place to argue.

You think Green being a CEO of another football club before and played a bit of football as well, didn't know we wouldn't need SPL players on 7k plus a week to win Div3.

Also need to consider that not everyone was thinking that a move to SFL3 was an attractive proposition. Exhibit #1: McGowan from Hearts.

I'm sure there were others who didn't even enter discussions on the prospect.

Therefore, even the ones who were happy to come, demanded wages which were inflated; and we couldn't afford to say no.

We could afford to say no we could've built a team from the lower leagues paying half the wages and still won Div 3, after all its what we keep getting told the only thing important is winning the league, whether you win it by 20 points or 1 it makes no difference.

I'd imagine there were a few reasons for spending a fair amount on new players:

1. To ensure renewals remained high.

2. To try and compete in the domestic cups.

3. To fill the positions of senior players who left.

4. To try and build a team for the future now.

5. To make certain of quick promotion.

Now, it could be argued half of that money would have secured all the above but if players like Sandaza, Black and Shiels (all pretty impressive at their previous clubs) have struggled with expectations here, how about players of (supposed) lesser quality?

Until we know more about the finances and budget, we'll struggle to get a definitive answer.

Some good points Frankie.

1) Everybody looked to be waiting for Ally to say buy not what players we had, I never expected SPL players brought in.

2) Spending a lot of money to win a cup is just a lottery

3) We could've bought senior players from the lower leagues to give us that experience in the team.

4) That could've waited until the illegal embargo was lifted we have plenty of time.

5) Making certain I'll give you, but it was taking a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

Therefore, even the ones who were happy to come, demanded wages which were inflated; and we couldn't afford to say no.

Shiels was on £1500 a week at Kilmarnock, the best offer Ian Black had was £3k we pay them both £7k per week, it seems we have learned nothing from our profligate past.

Shiels was on £1500 a week at Kilmarnock, the best offer Ian Black had was £3k we pay them both £7k per week, it seems we have learned nothing from our profligate past.

Got a problem at Rangers throw money at it, and hope it goes away. Just when we are being told the club will be run correctly after years of mismanagement.

Some good points Frankie.

1) Everybody looked to be waiting for Ally to say buy not what players we had, I never expected SPL players brought in.

2) Spending a lot of money to win a cup is just a lottery

3) We could've bought senior players from the lower leagues to give us that experience in the team.

4) That could've waited until the illegal embargo was lifted we have plenty of time.

5) Making certain I'll give you, but it was taking a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

1. I still expected a decent standard of player as I knew it would be risky not to - both in terms of getting people through the door and winning SFL3 and SFL2.

2. Yes it is but we've all seen how expectant our fans are in such competitions. Would we have been happy with an even worse performance in these matches?

3. We could have but there's a difference between being a senior player in a lower division to that of the SPL. Expectations are completely different.

4. The embargo isn't lifted until after season 1 and part of season 2. That's quite a long period to try and settle players in.

5. Perhaps it was (as FS says we definitely pay too much money in wages) but I can understand the reasons when one considers the risks involved.

All I'm saying is, it isn't as simple as saying we could and should have won SFL3 at half the budget. There are too many variables involved to say that. IMHO of course! :)

I'd fancy the fact we were getting both on a free made their weekly wage a bit more affordable. Unfortunately, their performances so far haven't made them value for money but hopefully they'll improve as we go through the leagues and make their wages look a bit more attractive.

PS: Don't look at the bonuses though if Imran's structure is anything to go by... ;)

We could afford to say no we could've built a team from the lower leagues paying half the wages and still won Div 3, after all its what we keep getting told the only thing important is winning the league, whether you win it by 20 points or 1 it makes no difference.

Like I say, there was no time to effectively plan and build any sort of team. As far as I know, the only player we had properly lined up ahead of the season was Black. And I'm in now way defending his performances, nor that of Sandaza, Templeton or Shiels who have all flattered to deceive in my view.

I don't have a copy of management accounts to hand, but I'd fancy that the £7k p/w they are on, if true, was the gamble to make them sign up as we knew we needed to sign players that would tide us over for a period of 12 months. Also, in the context of the revenues received and the funds raised by Green, I'd hardly say that either is on profligate wages other than the fact we are in SFL3, and that is what would likely have been demanded by an experienced player of their supposed calibre.