Keith Jackson in today's record

Time can be as much an enemy as a friend.

To be fair, I was never expecting overnight miracles from Green, McCoist or any player but what I do look for is clear leadership. I'm not convinced we have that but sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I guess one thing we will need during this journey is patience though so perhaps we should take a step back sometimes. :)

Time can be as much an enemy as a friend.

To be fair, I was never expecting overnight miracles from Green, McCoist or any player but what I do look for is clear leadership. I'm not convinced we have that but sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I guess one thing we will need during this journey is patience though so perhaps we should take a step back sometimes. :)

Of course it can but unless you think we're going bust against what's the rush? No-one is queuing to buy the current owners out as far as I know so I think we have what we have.

Judging a manager and CEO is a little different, plus Ally had last season as well. Although I don't think he's likely to go until we're back in the top flight and our chances of European football look in danger. Green's leadership seems fine to me, not perfect who who would be perfect? The fans who meet him seem impressed and the players and management seem to be happy with him.

Green doesn't help himself at times by all the talking so I can see why some may not be so patient, but I don't think he's been here quite long enough to deserve the moonbeams tag yet.

I don't think we're going bust but I would like some genuine indication of where our finances are right now and our budget/plans for getting back to the top league.

By and large Green is clever enough to say the right things at the right time to the right people but in many ways I remain sceptical. That's perhaps unfair given he stepped up to buy the club while delivering a successful IPO but after SDM and Whyte, I'm going to be suspicious of any owner for a long while yet.

I don't think we're going bust but I would like some genuine indication of where our finances are right now and our budget/plans for getting back to the top league.

By and large Green is clever enough to say the right things at the right time to the right people but in many ways I remain sceptical. That's perhaps unfair given he stepped up to buy the club while delivering a successful IPO but after SDM and Whyte, I'm going to be suspicious of any owner for a long while yet.

That's fair enough, i'm known as a bit of a 'Greenite' but I realise well that you never know what's round the corner.

Healthy questions and skepticism is good, all I can't stand is when people are personal, unbalanced and even slightly libellous, unable to give a modicum of credit for the clear good Charles has done for us so far.

I thought it was a pretty cheap piece. Jackson is trying to give credence to his attacks on Green and Murray by juxtaposing (sp?) our clear on field troubles.

Quite frankly, a sports journalist querying the role of Murray just doesn't stand up. Particularly when, as Bluedell says, he doesn't quote one apparent area where this is the case. The Chairman runs the Board. The Chief Executive is delegated authority for running the organisation, with agreed paraments set by the Board. There can be natural tensions in any Chair/CEO relationship, not least one where the CEO is very strong willed and independently minded.

Throughout the last few months there have been various statements put out by the club which purport to say that the Board and Green are in full agreement with various things, not least the DU boycott.

In summary, I haven't seen anything that backs up these aspects of Jackson's piece.

From a point I made on the other thread questions have to be asked why we spunked 7mill to win Div3, was it just to nick a cup which has failed miserably, was it some kind of panic buy when it wasn't actually needed.

If that budget had been halved we would won this league at a canter and done no worse in the cups, while breaking even in the first year instead of making a loss.

From a point I made on the other thread questions have to be asked why we spunked 7mill to win Div3, was it just to nick a cup which has failed miserably, was it some kind of panic buy when it wasn't actually needed.

If that budget had been halved we would won this league at a canter and done no worse in the cups, while breaking even in the first year instead of making a loss.

Ally told him it was needed, Green not knowing about Scottish Football back then would be in a limited place to argue.

Whilst I agree, we need to factor in that McCoist was not allowed the time to plan that out. He was firefighting off-field issues right up until a couple of days before we played our first game. Not saying that excuses everything, as there are clearly doubts about the quality of coaching being provided, but I don't think the top line budget argument tells the full story.

I'd imagine there were a few reasons for spending a fair amount on new players:

1. To ensure renewals remained high.

2. To try and compete in the domestic cups.

3. To fill the positions of senior players who left.

4. To try and build a team for the future now.

5. To make certain of quick promotion.

Now, it could be argued half of that money would have secured all the above but if players like Sandaza, Black and Shiels (all pretty impressive at their previous clubs) have struggled with expectations here, how about players of (supposed) lesser quality?

Until we know more about the finances and budget, we'll struggle to get a definitive answer.

I'd imagine there were a few reasons for spending a fair amount on new players:

1. To ensure renewals remained high.

2. To try and compete in the domestic cups.

3. To fill the positions of senior players who left.

4. To try and build a team for the future now.

5. To make certain of quick promotion.

Now, it could be argued half of that money would have secured all the above but if players like Sandaza, Black and Shiels (all pretty impressive at their previous clubs) have struggled with expectations here, how about players of (supposed) lesser quality?

Until we know more about the finances and budget, we'll struggle to get a definitive answer.

Also need to consider that not everyone was thinking that a move to SFL3 was an attractive proposition. Exhibit #1: McGowan from Hearts.

I'm sure there were others who didn't even enter discussions on the prospect.

Therefore, even the ones who were happy to come, demanded wages which were inflated; and we couldn't afford to say no.