Keith Jackson in today's record

If it's true that there's been a fall out between the CEO and the Chairman I'm almost 100% certain it'll be about the manager because Murray will be firmly seated in the sack Ally camp. He was disrespectful to Ally straight away last summer in one of his first interviews and seemed to me to be making it clear from the off that he wasn't keen on Ally continuing as the manager.

If it's true that there's been a fall out between the CEO and the Chairman I'm almost 100% certain it'll be about the manager because Murray will be firmly seated in the sack Ally camp. He was disrespectful to Ally straight away last summer in one of his first interviews and seemed to me to be making it clear from the off that he wasn't keen on Ally continuing as the manager.

Green seemed ready to go along with that until fan reaction appeared to change his mind.

Green seemed ready to go along with that until fan reaction appeared to change his mind.

It took him a while to get to know what was going on and get to know how much Ally means to most of our fans.

Yet would the reaction be as hostile if he was sacked now?

I think it would be a bit of a 50-50 split personally.

What the initial reaction would be like is hard to call, but the eventual reaction and subsequent feelings on the subject would depend on who the replacement was.

It's a bit of a moot point though because I don't think Ally will get sacked or asked to step down at the moment.

Yet would the reaction be as hostile if he was sacked now?

I think it would be a bit of a 50-50 split personally.

he is turning fans away with every passing week. the only support he seems to have is from the blue and white army brigade in bf1 who probably never saw him play. i have not spoke to anyone in person who wants to keep him. thousands of season book holders have stopped going already as well. sacking him now would certainly win my trust and bring my family and i back to ibrox.

Guest Bear Able
B_A:

Of course the issue isn't as bad as it's made out to be by some (either the media or own fans) but I don't think some of the stuff Jackson talks about is easily swatted aside. There are a lot of problems at the club and while a new manager (or some new players) may well help address the on-pitch ones I'd like to hear a bit more from Charles Green about how he intends to turn the club around off the pitch.

And by hearing from him, I mean concrete solutions that are shovel-ready so to speak. Not meaningless sound-bites to appease crowds of bears. I heard enough of those for a lifetime under the previous two owners.

The article is easily enough swatted aside once we realise it's old news rehashed and hyped up into scaremongering. We dont need journos to tell us what a mess was created by the mass exodus of players and the last minute rush to get replacements. We knew all this back in August last year.

As for Green he has allready set out the plans for the Rangers which included getting us back to the top flight but within our means rather than the borrow and spend tactics of previuous regimes. He has also stated that he wants the club to exploit it's potential for sponsorships. His plans are pretty much par for the course for any major club with serious ambitions.

It seems however, that it is Charles Green, and only Charles Green, who does "soundbites" or "appeases the fans" all other clubs appear to just make statements. Just more anti-Rangers media spin methinks.

The article is easily enough swatted aside once we realise it's old news rehashed and hyped up into scaremongering. We dont need journos to tell us what a mess was created by the mass exodus of players and the last minute rush to get replacements. We knew all this back in August last year.

As for Green he has allready set out the plans for the Rangers which included getting us back to the top flight but within our means rather than the borrow and spend tactics of previuous regimes. He has also stated that he wants the club to exploit it's potential for sponsorships. His plans are pretty much par for the course for any major club with serious ambitions.

It seems however, that it is Charles Green, and only Charles Green, who does "soundbites" or "appeases the fans" all other clubs appear to just make statements. Just more anti-Rangers media spin methinks.

The following is news to me, and worrying.

'Word has it the chief executive is at loggerheads with his chairman, Malcolm Murray, and that their relationship has broken down. It’s likely that they will be forced to call a truce for the greater good and in order not to frighten the life out of those institutional investors who ploughed £17million into the coffers little more than a month ago.

So the two of them will be told to limp on for a while, although probably only until the summer, but the fact that things have become so strained and so volatile in a brand new boardroom is another major cause for alarm.

It could be that Murray, a long-standing Rangers supporter, is finding it increasingly difficult to recognise his own club in its current, angry guise. If so, who could blame him? Rangers are indeed a baffling business.'

This sounds as if it has been given to Jackson on purpose.