Steven Davis: â??Iâ??d like to come back and play for Rangers againâ??

McCulloch said something like not many knew what was going on, who the hell did, did Green etc even know fully what was happening? Like I say, whether they were easy too get a hold of or not, i'd be interested to know how many players really pushed to speak to anyone.

Good debate but we are going in circles a bit, I have my feelings that are unlikely to change unless some pretty brand new information comes out that portrays the players in a better light. If any of them ever return i'll be unhappy but as with everything i'll likely get over it.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108697-john-fleck-points-finger-at-charles-green-after-rangers-exit/

John Fleck has expressed his dismay at the ownership of Rangers, after deciding his future lies elsewhere.

The 20-year-old decided not to transfer his contract to Rangers newco, and is currently looking for a club after becoming a free agent.

After spending much of last season on loan at Blackpool, Fleck admits that he was sheltered from much of the goings on last season, but feels a lack of trust in the owners has been key to players leaving.

In an interview with the Daily Record, he said: "You'd never think this could happen to a club like Rangers.

"A couple of people have taken over the club and just told lies. It has not been great for the boys or the staff.

Fleck also said that the lack of communication from the new owners has been key to his decision to move on.

He continued: "It seems the fans don't trust Green but I have never met the guy. I was at Blackpool on loan so I wasn't around the place.

"I've not spoken to anyone from the club over the summer and that's a bit disappointing.

"It all depends on if Green is the man to take the club forward but I don't think the fans believe he is."

John Fleck made his league debut for Rangers aged just 16, in a 2-0 defeat to Aberdeen on May 22 2008.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/107715-lack-of-contact-from-charles-green-influenced-players-newco-rejection/

A lack of communication from Charles Green played a big part in the decisions of players to reject a move to his Sevco 5088 company.

The contracts of Rangers FC employees are being transferred to Sevco, the company which intends to form a new Rangers after the old club is liquidated.

Former Rangers players Steven Whittaker and Steven Naismith turned down the transfer to become free agents and said that a lack of clarity on the newco was the main issue for them.

Whittaker said: â??The only time we saw Charles [Green] was after the last game of the season. He said the players had done a great thing in taking the wage cut and that he wanted to take the club forward.

â??The lack of contact has frustrated a lot of the players. It would have been nice to be kept up to date and get feedback. Iâ??ve had one email last week and thatâ??s the only contact I have had with the club throughout this hard time.â?

Naismith said his move was driven by the uncertainty surrounding the club. The striker, who has not played since October last year as he recovers from a knee injury, said that Green and his consortium had not spoken to his face-to-face once throughout their involvement at Ibrox.

Naismith said: â??The uncertainty of what division the new company will be playing in was a factor. Thereâ??s too much uncertainty for me to be waiting around to see where that is.

â??The bit of contact that I had was on Thursday when I got an email, then my representatives met [Green] on Friday. I canâ??t transfer to a company that Iâ??ve never met, where the person involved has never met me and I donâ??t know anything about any of the investors.

â??Thereâ??s just far too much uncertainty.â?

In a statement released on Rangers' website, Green disputed the players' assertions and threatened legal action against any players who sought to move on.

"The club is facing massive challenges in terms of its league status and the last thing the fans want to see is a dispute between the club and players," he said.

"However, it appears that is the route several players are choosing. I can assure those players and clubs who may be interested in signing them that Rangers will seek damages for breach of contract and for inducement to break contracts.

"We have no wish to go to court on these matters but the players involved, their agents and clubs who may be pursuing these players should be in no doubt that we will do whatever it takes to protect the Club's interests."

Naismith, like Whittaker, informed manager Ally McCoist that he would be rejecting the move to the newco on Sunday morning. Both players said McCoist wished them well.

Not on any forums I'm on, vast majority were very adamant we should not mourn a company.

Vast majority, yes. Not everyone though.

One of the biggest Bluenoses I know said 'newco, new club'.

Obviously he's since changed his tune.

personally, i wouldnt want them back..it would feel hollow. everytime they kissed the badge of celebrated a victory..you'd know they're only here for the cash! end of! plus as for the business of jobs and career etc. some of these guys were supposed to be Rangers supporters.. They got to live the dream/play for the shirt.. where us mere mere mortal could only dream of! and another thing, if you are earning say..10 grand a week and are struggling to cover your bills, you've got some problems! after all they were living in Scotland.. not London or monti carlo !

personally, i wouldnt want them back..it would feel hollow. everytime they kissed the badge of celebrated a victory..you'd know they're only here for the cash! end of! plus as for the business of jobs and career etc. some of these guys were supposed to be Rangers supporters.. They got to live the dream/play for the shirt.. where us mere mere mortal could only dream of! and another thing, if you are earning say..10 grand a week and are struggling to cover your bills, you've got some problems! after all they were living in Scotland.. not London or monti carlo !

Agreed. Davis, Naismith and Lafferty were never slow to tell us how they were supporters first and foremost. For others I agree it ultimately was just a job but I really hoped and expected these guys would do what was asked of them. It was about sending out a clear message that all supporters and friends of Rangers were sticking together.