hypothetical question

A few non-rangers supporting workmates were having a discussion today around league reconstruction and they believed that no matter what format reconstruction took, that Rangers should be fast-paced straight back into the top flight as off next season.

With the possibility of Hearts & Dunfermline not surviving until next season, their thinking was that the Rangers pound was a necessity to ensure other clubs stay afloat and to help attract new / fresh sponsors, an improved SKY deal and new investment

These work colleagues support teams who's fans overwhelmingly and in no uncertain terms told their clubs that if they voted for Rangers to remain in the premier league this time last season that they would boycott their own clubs. They were also never tired of telling me that they didn't need (nor want) Rangers. Who times change! These same fans promised their chairman's that they would, if Rangers were banished, flock back to games and replace the Rangers pound. We all know that this never materialized.

Knowing I was listening to this conversation they asked me if I would support a move to get Rangers promoted back into the top flight. I immediately stated that I would not, under any circumstances accept such an invitation and I hope that the board of Rangers have the same opinion and determination to get back through the league's without any help from struggling clubs.I know that the public statements from in and around Rangers all say that we are on a journey and want to complete the journey. However privately I fear that MrGreens resolve may be tested if such an invitation was extended (I hope I am wrong)

At present I fear that we do not have the playing or coaching staff required to make any sort of impression in the Premier league and we would have no time to strengthen given the imposed signing ban. Once we do get back to the top flight this is one bear who will never be at another away game - I may be in a minority of one, but these Rangers hating clubs will not see another penny never mind pound of my money. This was not a decision I took lightly, as I loved visiting grounds like Easter road, tynie, rugby park etc.

I just feel that there has Bern a recent surge of opinion from media, fans and players all expressing support and a desire to have us back sooner rather than later.

So here is my hypothetical question - would you ;

Support an invitation back into the SPL?

Support an invitation back into the SPL but only if the signing ban was lifted?

Or tell them where to stick their invite?

Cammy F

At the end of the day money talks but I'd rather play our way back to the top than be helped back.

In saying that our club needs to be back ASAP and we need a strong Scottish football league.

Agreed Frankie that's why I fear that if an offer is extended to Rangers, especially with the lifting of the signing embargo, money wise Mr Green will find it hard to resist. I just wonder what the fans would think of Green taking the offer? Good business decision? Capitulation?

100 per cent tell them where to stick their invite. My view has always been that if we don't work our way through the leagues back to the top then it will forever be cast up in years to come. Simple as that.

I think we will be in top division next season whatever it'll be called. Without us, SKY & sponsors will either reduce their financial contributions or walk away altogether. It's how we get to the top league that's the key issue. Putting us in SFL3 was one massive mistake

If Rangers accepted any offer, whilst not supporting it, I would fully understand why it was accepted and I would still go to ibrox every other Saturday but would boycott away games

My understanding is that CG is here for the journey he will back the fans as the fans would revolt through principle not to be fast tracked back to the SPL, i also believe the only way he would accept a fast track and possibly the fans would be if Rhegan, Doncaster, were removed from there positions and it was a fresh start all round , it's the only way a see a fast track to SPL..... Certain Board Members have already whispered that under no uncertain terms Rangers come straight back up to the SPL....

Charles Green has looked at the Conference League because he is not happy with the 12-12-18 league set up meaning if we win Div3 we are still playing same teams next season no promotion making a mockery of the league set up and i think the tv right's money they will be getting etc....Playing in the Conference is a much better standard of football and the chance to move up the English Leagues with the opportunity for more revenue where the 100m figure maybe achieved...