Show Racism the Red Card condemns Charles Green for racist language

Unless Whyte has more recordings i'm not sure there's an awful lot left to say.

Green & co were getting bad press for serious reasons, so they maybe decided to drown out that bad press with more bad press, but for completely different and far more trivial reasons.

Whatever their motive's for the distraction, I think it's a stick-on that this whole racist thing has indeed been a deliberate distraction, red herring or whatever you want to call it.

Green & co were getting bad press for serious reasons, so they maybe decided to drown out that bad press with more bad press, but for completely different and far more trivial reasons.

Whatever their motive's for the distraction, I think it's a stick-on that this whole racist thing has indeed been a deliberate distraction, red herring or whatever you want to call it.

I'm not sure what's worse. The fact all the racist stuff is a red herring for more serious wrongdoing, or the fact that Charles might just actually be that ignorant, and unaware of his responsibilities as Rangers CEO. I suppose in his mind, it's better to be a known as a racist, than a conman. Either way, it's not great news for us.

C'mon mate, frankly the 'reaction' has been surprisingly muted. I don't know about Germany but for anyone in the public eye in the UK to use the words 'Paki' and 'Darkie' in whatever context shows such a frightening lack of awareness as too stagger me. He sounds like he's escaped from a shit 70s sitcom, it's bewildering. The term 'Paki' is such a loaded term, carrying so much baggage I'm stunned anyone would say it even in jest far less admit it publicly. Green deserves all the derision and criticism he gets, his 'explanation' is a joke, he's an embarrassment.

I have no Sun article handy, but if ...

Green described his relationship with Rangers director Imran Ahmad in the article, in which he stated he referred to him openly as his "Paki friend".

The Yorkshire-born businessman also made reference to a former team-mate, who he said was known as "Darkie" Johnson.

... is all, there is essentially nothing to get upset about. As I said, it is all about context. Was Ahmad angered by the use? Was Johnson?

Anyway, in a country filled to the hilt by double-standards about racism, sectarianism and bigotry, the above is nothing but a mock outrage.

I have no Sun article handy, but if ...

... is all, there is essentially nothing to get upset about. As I said, it is all about context. Was Ahmad angered by the use? Was Johnson?

Anyway, in a country filled to the hilt by double-standards about racism, sectarianism and bigotry, the above is nothing but a mock outrage.

Believe me, the outrage is not mock. The man is a fucking disgrace.

"Green described his relationship with Rangers director Karl-Heinz Schroeder in the article, in which he stated he referred to him openly as his "Squarehead friend".

The Yorkshire-born businessman also made reference to a former team-mate, who he said was known as "Goose Stepping" Gerhardt Reibold. "

How's the context now?

So, if I'm understanding this, according to 54, Charles Green is not a racist because he uses racist language and according to GA he's not a racist because he employs people who are non-White (Alabama plantation owners, anyone?).

Is it just me?

Am I missing something here? Like an Alice in Wonderland gene that will help me understand this by taking me back to 1973?

Here's a clue fellas, if you use terms like Paki' and 'darkie' and pine for the days when these were commonplace and you could use them about your favourite centre forward without going to jail - you're a racist. Green is a racist.

It really is that simple.

If you're happy with a liar and a racist representing our club, well that's your call. Me? I think he's an embarrassing joke who should gtf asap.

not sometimes charles can pull but I know of a 86yr old relative who would firmly disagree its not as simple as your a racist for not moving with the times

the same old lady still is mortified with gay people goes to church every week and really thinks its ok to talk to all foreigners like there some form of alien nation who shouldn't be here. but id say shes more ignorant than racist

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure what's worse. The fact all the racist stuff is a red herring for more serious wrongdoing, or the fact that Charles might just actually be that ignorant, and unaware of his responsibilities as Rangers CEO. I suppose in his mind, it's better to be a known as a racist, than a conman. Either way, it's not great news for us.

If you had your way you'd probably go back to the dark ages and have him drawn and quartered.

Take a step back ffs...and when will you tell us all who the perfect CEO is? Stupid tinman are you. (hope that's not derogatory)

not sometimes charles can pull but I know of a 86yr old relative who would firmly disagree its not as simple as your a racist for not moving with the times

the same old lady still is mortified with gay people goes to church every week and really thinks its ok to talk to all foreigners like there some form of alien nation who shouldn't be here. but id say shes more ignorant than racist

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's fair enough, BF, but your granny is not CEO of Rangers FC.

I can accept there is a generational aspect to racism and I agree we have to cut the older generation some slack. My mother in law is a peach of a lady but won't see 80 again. heart of gold but would take the paint off the walls when it comes to muslims or non-white people (although, she's completely cool with gays for some reason). Like most of that wartime generation, she's never had any real contact with anyone who wasn't from her own background and you have to understand that. As you say, ignorance rather than real racism.

Charles Green does not belong to that wartime generation. He has no excuse.

Believe me, the outrage is not mock. The man is a fucking disgrace.

"Green described his relationship with Rangers director Karl-Heinz Schroeder in the article, in which he stated he referred to him openly as his "Squarehead friend".

The Yorkshire-born businessman also made reference to a former team-mate, who he said was known as "Goose Stepping" Gerhardt Reibold. "

How's the context now?

Same as before and not racist. You probably missed the point. Not that I know what you mean with "Goose stepping" but anyway.

I don't really see what is wrong with calling someone a Paki to be honest. They do come from Pakistan. It is just an abbreviation.

I get called Scotty here a lot but it doesn't really bother me to be honest.