Ross County Will Vote No

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne speaking earlier ahead of Hampden vote

"I think there's a lot of people in there to drive it through. We've just got to go in there and see if we can find a way.

"It's very difficult to see beyond here if we fail today. It's taken us three years to get to this point. I don't know if there would be the appetite to go through it again.

"We want everyone to look at the plans on the table and the benefits that will be delivered..."

"I think there's a lot of people in there to drive it through. We've just got to go in there and see if we can find a way.

"It's very difficult to see beyond here if we fail today. It's taken us three years to get to this point. I don't know if there would be the appetite to go through it again.

"We want everyone to look at the plans on the table and the benefits that will be delivered..."

Utter drivel by the Aberdeen boss. Three years? Where does that notion comes from? It took Lawwell and Co. a few weeks near the end of last year and now people scream about oblivion if this is not pushed through. How thick do these people expect the readers to be?

I was under the impression that the vote was not preceeded by another "lengthy debate" aimed at bullying the dissenters into obedience?

If it's taken them 3 years does that mean we were originally involved in the talks and then got bombed out of proceedings?

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour at Hampden

"One must stand by what one thinks and feels in one's heart."

"However, I do think there's a way forward to get into one body and an all-through distribution model.

"And I'd like to work towards that."

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour cont:

"We respect the opinion of every other club. People will vote how they think they should vote and have got to look at themselves and decide from there.

"We, at St Mirren, know what we think is right. Why shouldn't we cherry-pick and take the good points?

"I think that's the way forward for Scottish football."

so essentially, look at the benefits & ignore the negatives.....

If it's a yes vote, how is the 12th place in Division 1 decided? It should be a play-off between 2nd bottom of 1st, and 2nd/3rd/4th in Div 2, but the 2nd bottom in 1st will undoubtedly stay put leaving one play-off place open.

Surely this should go to the Div 3 champions as some reward.