Frightening quotes from Ally

DB - I don't think the the debate is about stature. There are few clubs in the world who have our stature. That's why we are hated here.

But if you are honest, you will admit that QoS were a lot better value for money than us this season. And a lot more watchable too.

Can't tell, since I only saw them once. I know people will disagree, but I hardly take this season as a norm here. Neither last season. The previous years, you may have an argument about "value for money", but again people would have to be realistic here. No Rangers team I can remember bar the 1992/93 side, perhaps, gave us "champagne football" throughout the season. There were always ups and downs and bad performances in every season. And given the money that was spent back then, people would always ask about "value for money". Did the Motherwell and ICT folk got that this season? Where do you set the standards? Standards which are no doubt subjective?

On a sidenote, I do assume that when talking about 10m, McCoist does indeed look further than next season, as you hardly sign up players for a year or so. Thus, he's bound to spend more money than necessary to win the next tier of the Scottish game.

Spend to keep the fans happy.

Been the mindset for a long time at Ibrox, and who is to say they are wrong. It's not my way, but I'm sure many lap it up.

One thing's for sure, we haven't learnt any lessons if we go down this route.

Can't tell, since I only saw them once. I know people will disagree, but I hardly take this season as a norm here. Neither last season. The previous years, you may have an argument about "value for money", but again people would have to be realistic here. No Rangers team I can remember bar the 1992/93 side, perhaps, gave us "champagne football" throughout the season. There were always ups and downs and bad performances in every season. And given the money that was spent back then, people would always ask about "value for money". Did the Motherwell and ICT folk got that this season? Where do you set the standards? Standards which are no doubt subjective?

On a sidenote, I do assume that when talking about 10m, McCoist does indeed look further than next season, as you hardly sign up players for a year or so. Thus, he's bound to spend more money than necessary to win the next tier of the Scottish game.

That's not what he says though. He says he'd "I would have to spend it to get out of the division". (Not even, the more plausible, "so we don't get totally gubbed by you know who in the cups"...Not even "win", just "get out of")

If he needs 10 million to get us out of the 2nd division how much will he expect to win the SPL when we get there ?

Anyone suggesting that he is talking sense in needing 10 million to get us out of SFL2 is nuts in my opinion. Either that or Ally saying that just proves that he has absolutely no confidence in his own coaching abilities.

Alexander, Wallace, Perry, Cribari, Black, Shiels, McCulloch, Hutton - just 8 players I mention who have played at either SPL level or the Champions League level.... but the coach isnt confident of getting enough out of them to get promoted from the 3rd tier of Scottish football, playing against labourers and butchers.

Speaks volumes if true.

This 10 million iirc was only when we returned to the top league in what ever guise that took , yet it has somehow been hijacked to mean next season

I dont think we need much for next season, certainly not near 10 million worth. We need the keeper situation sorted whether Bell starts and / or Alexander stays.

We need a centre half, ideally Bocanegra.

A centre midfielder is needed unless Hutton, Black and Shiels start to play to a higher level.

The striker Clark upfront will be a decent signing for this level, throw in Novo and we have a good enough squad to get through the season. The youngster will all be a year older and more experienced and we have 3 or 4 potentially good ones.

Id much rather spend low and wisely and keep funds for when we REALLY need it back in the top flight so we dont struggle there.

Yes, cut the squad down, try to reduce wages in contracts, introduce more youngsters and see the team flourish ...

I don't think he needs ten million to get out of Div2. I doubt he does either in all honesty. At the same time I don't think it's unreasonable for him to hope for a few million to invest in rebuilding the squad. Especially if that job's to be completed by the time we get back to the SPL. It's not his decision though and just like managers in all walks of life he'll spend the budget he's given.

From the soundbytes he's been giving us since Green & Ahmad departed it seems as though he at least suspects his budget has been cut significantly for next season.

I don't think he needs ten million to get out of Div2. I doubt he does either in all honesty. At the same time I don't think it's unreasonable for him to hope for a few million to invest in rebuilding the squad. Especially if that job's to be completed by the time we get back to the SPL. It's not his decision though and just like managers in all walks of life he'll spend the budget he's given.

From the soundbytes he's been giving us since Green & Ahmad departed it seems as though he at least suspects his budget has been cut significantly for next season.

How can budget be cut if he's talking about signing players for Sept 1st?