is that hope, prediction or information.

There's no way we can sustain the current squad so it's inevitable.

Out of the list DB kindly posted, I'd be surprised if we didn't let go of the following eight players at least. Sure, we'll still bring in another 2 or 3 (and maybe loan a couple out) but that will make a big difference to our pool.

Alexander

Gallacher

Cribari

Goian

Bocanegra

Argyriou (or Cole)

Hutton (or Black)

Hemmings (or Naismith)

Squad update:

Bell

Alexander (35)

Gallagher (23)

Smith (20)

Mitchell (21) - Hegarty (20) - Cribari (33) - Wallace (25)

Argyriou (25) - Bocanegra - Goian - (Smith)

Cole (21) - Perry (23) - Faure (22) - . . .

. . . - Gasparotto (18) - McAusland (20) - . . .

Little (24) - Law (25) - Black (28) - Templeton (24)

(Humphrey) - Macleod (18) - Hutton (22) - McKay (18)

. . . - Crawford (20) - Shiels (28) - Aird (18)

. . . - Peralta (23) - . . . - . . .

McCulloch (35) - Clark (22)

Daly (30) - Naismith (21)

Hemmings (21) - . . .

I wouldn't mind selling or loaning the bolded chaps. Would still leave us with 23 players, plus any newbies and youngsters.

Ally has a bit of tinkering to do to that squad. But considering we're in the 2nd Div its a nice problem to have and on paper its decent.

Aside from a few players going out and a few coming in, we really need to improve the players we have. Im still hoping a key summer signing is going to be on the coaching staff.

ARNOLD PERALTA today revealed he knocked back offers from Europe, the MLS and his homeland Honduras to become Rangers' fifth summer signing.

The 24-year-old (left) has agreed a four-year deal, subject to receiving a work permit, to follow Jon Daly, Nicky Clark, Cammy Bell and Nicky Law as the latest member of gaffer Ally McCoist's summer recruitment drive.

Peralta will be registered on September 1 when the club's transfer embargo is lifted, but will join the squad for pre-season training. He said: "I had several offers TURN TO PAGE 46

ARNOLD Peralta was today tipped to be as big a success with Rangers as his Honduran team-mate Emilio Izaguirre has been for Celtic.

The 24-year-old midfielder will join the Ibrox club this summer – subject to getting a work permit – after agreeing a four-year contract.

He will join up with his new Gers team-mates in pre-season and will then be registered on September 1 once the SFA transfer embargo is finally lifted.

And Peralta has been tipped to make as much of an impact in Scotland as his countryman Izaguirre has done – thanks to his all-action style.

Kelvin Coello is a football writer with national newspaper Diaz and has watched the player's career progress rapidly in the last five years.

And he believes his ball-winning qualities in the centre of the park will make him a key man for Ally McCoist's side in the seasons ahead.

Left-back Izaguirre has been nothing short of a revelation since arriving in Glasgow in a £600,000 transfer from Motagua in 2010.

Despite Neil Lennon's team narrowly failing to win the league, he won every Player of the Year award going after performing superbly in his debut season.

Coello stressed that Peralta, who has won 13 caps, is a different type of player to his highly-rated compatriot.

But he believes the Central American enforcer will have no difficulties adapting to the physical nature of Scottish football.

He said: "Peralta came on to the scene about five years ago when he came through with a team at La Ceiba on the Atlantic coast of Honduras.

"Peralta was selected for the Honduran Under-20 team for the World Cup in Egypt in 2009. He scored a very good goal in a 3-0 victory over Hungary.

"Honduras did not progress past the group stages in that competition. They lost their next two games. But his career really took off after that.

"He played on the right side of midfield for Honduras in three of their ties at the Olympics in London last summer as they reached the quarter-finals before being knocked out by Brazil."

Peralta has been to Glasgow before; he played for Honduras in a match against Morocco at Hampden last summer.

Coello added: "Peralta has played in the Honduran national team for the last two seasons and has done very well. He can play at right-back or in right midfield.

"The national coach, Luis Suarez, often plays him there.

"But he is best as a holding midfielder. He plays with great energy in that area of the pitch. He gets around the park very well, covers a lot of distance."

COELLO added: "He has also scored a lot of goals before in his career with Vida, the club he has played for in Honduras, and also has that capability in his locker.

"He has many strengths as a player. He is a physically imposing player as well.

"I think he has all of the attributes that he needs to be as successful as his countryman Emilio Izaguirre in Scotland and can do well for Rangers in the seasons ahead."

Peralta is currently away on international duty and played against Israel in a friendly in New York on Saturday.

He is set to feature in crucial World Cup qualifiers for his national team against Costa Rica, Jamaica and the United States in the coming fortnight.

After that, he could be called up to take part in Concacaf Gold Club matches with Honduras in July.

But Coello is confident he will be in peak condition when Rangers kick off their 2013/14 campaign at the end of next month due to his involvement with his country.

He said: "I know Arnold very well and I know what a good professional he is.

"He works very hard on his fitness and his game and lives his private life in the right way.

"He has been away training with Honduras since May 20. But before that he was on vacation for three weeks after the football season in Honduras with Vida ended.

"I think therefore that he will be in good condition when he joins up with Rangers. I know that he is very excited about this move and is looking forward to playing and doing well in Scotland."

Peralta, who had a stint at Real Salt Lake two years ago, had been attracting the attention of several clubs in the United States as well as across Europe.

However, when he heard that Rangers were interested in his services, he had no hesitation in pledging his future to the Glasgow giants.

He said: "I am delighted to be joining a club with the size and history of Rangers.

"When I was told I could sign for Rangers it was an easy decision for me to make.

"I am really looking forward to pulling on that famous light blue shirt and getting out on the Ibrox pitch to play.

"Hopefully, the club and the fans will appreciate what I can bring to the team."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/peralta-says-he-could-not-ko-rangers-swoop-126301n.21253698

CHRIS HUMPHREY will today snub Rangers and sign a three-year deal at Preston North End.

The Jamaican international is on the verge of finalising his Bosman switch from Motherwell as revealed by Express Sport last week.

Humphrey had been expecting Ibrox boss Ally McCoist to firm up his interest but has now decided he can’t wait any longer.

McCoist spoke to Humphrey’s agent and confirmed he wanted to make an offer but that wasn’t forthcoming before the manager went off on a fundraising trip to America.

The 25-year-old was ready to wait for McCoist to come back but was forced into a decision when League One side Preston made an improved offer.

Was he out of money or something? Now, I can't say I'm all too disappointed, given the mixed reactions to his abilities, yet these kind of "explanations" do make you think.

Anyway, as Nacho Novo rightly pointed out in 2007:

We have no interest in players who have no interest in coming to play for this club. If he wants to go and play for another club it is his loss, not our loss.